Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! coolant flush

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:16 PM
1st Gear
Default HELP! coolant flush

Im trying to change my coolant. Juat bought a 2000 2.7t and dont think that its g12 in the system. I have the g12 and am hoping to get it in today. Whats the best way to drain the system? And should i run straight water thru and drain again? Before doing 50/50 mix

Old 07-14-2012, 10:29 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

well, there is "supposed" to be a drain plug in the bottom of the radiator somewhere. I have removed the entire front end of my car and have yet to find it. The best way to drain the system is to remove the cap from the reservoir and then pull the lower radiator hose. You will find the lower radiator hose at the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side. It is wedged on there pretty good and held on with one of those...clip things (the exact name for the thing escapes me at the moment but you will know it when you see it). be careful, there is a coolant sensor in the lower radiator hose that you would do well not to damage.

Once you get whatever is in there out, definitely flush with copious amounts of water. Then you can refill the system from the reservoir. There is a bleeder screw on top of the motor just down, behind the power steering pump. I'm pretty sure its an 8mm hex. It is pretty obvious, you will know it when you see it. be sure you bleed all the air out of the system before you try to drive anywhere. bad things will happen. i learned the hard way.

its a relatively straight forward process. I'm not sure my description is entirely adequate. if you have troubles post back and I will see what I can do to help

good luck.