Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

turbo problems plz plz plz help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Default turbo problems plz plz plz help

hey guys, k so i got a audi tt 1.8l fwd about two days ago at an auction and it turned on fine. well i happened to look closer and the car was hit on the front right side of the car. the intercooler is busted and i didnt know that. i turn it on and wait for about a minute and rev it up to about 5krpms and all of a sudden i see orange fluid coming down from the car... and my car dies.. i pop the hood and see there is fluid comin down from the turbo intercooler pipe to the intercooler. and going up to the intake manifold.. it reach up there cuz the intercooler was broken so it just splatterd out. i went back and turn it on and it turned on and it seems to run fine. but there still orange fluid comin down from the intercooler piping. im pretty sure its oil mixed with something... can anyone help me out... hopefully its nothing to major cuz the car only has 50,000 miles on it....

Old 10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
2nd Gear

You'd better hope that it's oil and coolant, not power steering fluid. Don't buy cars at an auction unless you're very familiar with the car you're buying!

Old 10-21-2009, 04:20 PM

yea im pretty sure its oil and coolant.... so is that normal?

Old 10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by dnhtaauditt
yea im pretty sure its oil and coolant.... so is that normal?
about as normal as blood spraying out of your neck as you walk down the street.

Figure out if its oil, or if its coolant, or if its a mix. Shouldn't be hard, oil is oily, coolant isnt. If its mixed, it sorta looks like chocolate milk.

If its a fluid thats spraying, Im gonna guess its coolant, oil isn't really pressurized enough to spray anywhere unless its flinging off a pulley or something.

Check your coolant level (check your oil level too), check the radiator and hoses coming from the radiator, especially on the side where it was hit. If the car runs (after checking fluid levels), start it, pop the hood, and just watch. You should be able to see where its coming from. Just keep checking hoses and the radiator while it warms up. My guess is that its coolant if the cars been in an accident.