General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New to Audi - Warning symbols on dash - Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Default New to Audi - Warning symbols on dash - Please help!

Hi,

I bought an 2007(57) A6 SE Saloon 2.0 (97k miles) and love it so far - no problems with how it drives and seems perfect. It came from the dealer with just over 11 months MOT, FSH and a 2 year Auto Guard premium warranty.

When I start the car there are no warning symbols or sounds what so ever and all appears to be in full working order.

This morning I pressed the 'check' button next to the sat nav screen and a number of symbols appeared on the top of the instrument screen (behind the steering wheel) for about 2 seconds each. There were no warning sounds.

After looking in the owners manual here is what I found the symbols indicated -

-Fault in break system (red)
-Coolant level too low (red)
-Engine pressure too low (red)
-Break pads worn (yellow)
-Battery Power (yellow)
-Bulb (yellow)
-Check oil level (yellow)
-Engine sensor defective (yellow)
-Fuel level low (yellow)
-Washer fluid low (yellow)

Now while some of those warnings are not much to worry about, some of them are! Now I'm seriously hoping that this is just an issue with the sensors as there is no indication of these faults when driving and they only appear briefly when the check button is pressed.

Surely if there was this much going wrong with the car I should be able to tell in terms of how it drives?

I would really appreciate any advice you guys might have on this issue as I'm really freaking about this

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

Do not be alarmed. That was only the warnings "proving out", basically verifying they work and NOT indicating a fault.
If there was an actual fault, one or more would come on by themselves while you are driving. You said none are on normally so you're good to go!

Old 03-01-2015, 05:07 AM
1st Gear

Phew!!! That's a relief!! Thanks so much I was in a real panic about this