HOOD RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Default HOOD RELEASE

First post here so hopefully someone will be able to help.

I have a 97 convertible and went out to use in the sun last week.
The hood release handle would not undo from the screen frame. I have tried some gentle persuasion but to no effect. It turns but does not relaease.
Does anyone know if there is any reason why this should have locked in place. Boot is closed, handbrake and ignition on. Is this a seizure thing or could there be an electrical or other fault.

Thanks in advance

Old 05-15-2006, 07:04 AM
Default RE: HOOD RELEASE

Hi Arrben - I have the same issue!! Yet, there is a way to override this. If you flip the passenger side sun visor towards the door window, you should see a little slot on the plastic windscreen surround, about the same size as the ignition key. Before trying to open the top t-bar, pop your key in the slot (you may need to try this a couple of times to get it in the right place), then flip the t-bar and twist, it should release.

This is prob just a temporary fix though, I think it's a safety thingy to stop you from opening the hood. I have problems with the hood stow box lid not opening automatically so at the moment I have to manually lower and raise the hood. I'm going into get diagnostics checked soon so as soon as I hear what may be causing the problem, I'll let you know (fingers crossed!!).

Aidan