new problem...once again!

Old 03-17-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear
Default new problem...once again!

alright guys here's the problem....

a couple of weeks ago here in cleveland wi it was around -15 without the wind chill...I got in my car, started it up, let it run for a little bit and the left for work...welllll, I was running a little late so I gave it a little gas(and I do mean a LITTLE) and it made a very loud booming noise(like a back fire...but in the front by the motor), after that it died on my and I coasted to the side of the road...after some thawing and what not I got it to start only to find out that it was smoking profusely and it sounded like it was running on three or four cylinders...well tonight I was taking a look at it and realized that one entire side of my intercooler was BLOWN OFF!!!. I took off the intercooler, put it back together, put it back in my car and started it up...it did the same thing. So I did a compression test, all five check out....

Please help me, you guys are the best!...

p.s. could it be possible that my timming belt slipped?

Old 03-20-2006, 03:08 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: new problem...once again!

intercooler frozen shut ???
wastegate diaphragm or spring .... consult the bently and loot at all the boost controling components

Old 03-22-2006, 04:27 AM
1st Gear

uh, I checked my oil and it's too high...yeah, can I say coolant??...cuase I have never ever put too much oil in a car, specially this one, i could do I with my eyes shut

better check out the head gasket...eesh, the project will comense tomorrow...

unless you people think of something else it might be...in that case lemme know...stop me!!!

Old 03-22-2006, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

Check to make sure that you don't have antifreeze underneath that oil.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:41 AM
1st Gear

that's what I'm worried about, yet I'm pretty sure there is some down in there...I started my car the other day and ran it for like fifteen seconds and after that I had even more oil...oiy