Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 a6 2.7t lock problem and vent problem...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
1st Gear
Default 2000 a6 2.7t lock problem and vent problem...HELP!

Just bought my first Audi..2000 A6 2.7t...love it but some problems need to be resolved.

1. when i press the door lock switch on the drivers door, all doors lock except for the drivers door. when i press the lock manually and then press unlock, all doors unlock incl the drv door. also notice that when i insert the key and turn it one turn, the courtesy lights flash on and off and car makes the dings sound. changed the latch but still same problem. also when i lock the door manually with the key, the led in pass door flashes but the led does nothing in the drv door.

2. I would like to get the vent to blow to the feet area. when i press the button with the down arror, i hear a blend door closing but then air then gets very loud and air still coming from top as if the door closed but there is a hole in the blend door and air is not being directed downwards...just through a smaller opening causing the air sounds to be louder. how do i get to it to check the door. a friend tells me the blend door is a plastic frame with some foam sponge and the sponge must have worn away and now door has a hole in it...can anyone confirm and how do i get to it.

thanks for your help. I would like to get these fixed so i can better enjoy my car.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
3rd Gear

1) I think that's a feature preventing the "accident" of leaving the keys in the car while you lock all the doors. When unlocking, indeed all the doors should unlock.
As far as the lights flash on the first key turn, I have no idea if that's common in the C5s. C5 owners can confirm/infirm that. If not, you may have an ignition switch problem or a short somewhere in the harness.

2) It is impossible for the directional flaps/"doors" to get a hole in them. It sounds like you have a climate control problem - instead of opening the foot well flap it opens up entirely the one directing the flow upward toward the windshield, while closing all the others. You may want to try a different climate control unit.
Otherwise, the only way to "check the door" itself is to take the HVAC box out and pull it apart. But that's not fun at all, by any means (my 2 cents).

Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

when inside the car with doors closed and you press the lock button on the door, isn't it supposed to lock the drv door? what would keep it from locking? also what keeps the led from coming on when you lock the door with key from the outside...it flashes on the pass door...but not on the drv door.

when you say to try a diff climate control unit, you mean the electronic unit in the center console where you set the temp...right?