VAG My Q5

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:36 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG My Q5

Hello all, you might know me as Ponch from http://www.vagtoolfinder.com , in any case I've placed my order for my Q5 S-Line and am expecting delivery in September. What I'm looking for is does anyone know of anything that can be done to the SUV using the VAG cable that they want to share?

For starters I would assume the remote windows and sunroof open/close is doable, but I guess we'll need to advertise the information for all to use. Is there anything else that can be done?

Cheers!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG My Q5

Here are some quotes from another site.

1) In the "Instruments" controller for the Q5 there's a few fun features that you can add to your car. You can see below that by opening controller 17-Instruments, using the long code helper and selecting Byte 1 you can add or remove several features. I wanted to add the "gauge sweep" and the the key warning for when the key is out of the car. For the gauge sweep, you want to make sure Bit 0 (Gauge Test/Needle Sweep active) is checked. If you want the key warning, simply make sure Bit 7 (Key Warning active) is checked. (As you can see below, by default neither of these were checked and neither function was activated.) Check Bit 3 (Lap Timer active) if you want a lap timer in your DIS computer functions. Check Bit 5 (Shift Suggestion (Economy) active) if you want an indicator active on your DIS of when to shift in manual mode.
Again, once you Exit the Long Code Helper and click Do It! in the Recode Module, all of these functions will be active.

2) Helping to continue to pass the time I plugged in the VAG-COM tool to have a poke around. I was able to add the "convenience window" feature that is deactivated for North America (allowing me to roll down windows, roll up windows and close the sunroof with unlock and lock buttons on the key.) Finally, just for fun, I activated the "gauge sweep" function. The speedo and tach now quickly sweep through their entire range when I start the Q5.

3) If you are specifically interested in video in motion from your MMI DVD player, you might want to get in contact with the guys at Audi Portal. In less that 10 minutes they were able to change settings so that while the car is moving, the display will stay on while using the DVD player. Using Team Viewer (a free, simple remote access/remote desktop sharing program) with my computer connected to my Q5 via VAG-COM, one of their techs changed the speed limit for the DVD player display. While the settings to make the change are simple enough, the area you need to access is pass code protected on all Audi's. Audi Portal has software to extract the pass code and will then make the change for you. Since you are paying for the service, I'm sure they would set up your winking DRL's and and other features you wanted activated or deactivated. Just thought I'd give you the heads-up so you can plan your VAG-COM trip and VIM activation together.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:02 PM
1st Gear
Default VIM without extra hardware

Great find for MMI ver. 2 & 3http://www.audi-portal.com/en/retrofiting/tricks_001.html