Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

2001 allroad with white smoke problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 allroad with white smoke problems

I got the car in June(no smoke) 2001 allroad 2.7t and the car sat til September while suspension was being fixed. When I got it back and drove it on the highway it looked like a smoke bomb went off when I hit the gas. I had oil and coolant checked and neither is low. And the smoke doesn't smell like oil or coolant. Now it will smoke when it idles and when you accelerate. I seen on this on a forum:

automatic transmission fluid which is normally found on automatic transmissions and its normally drawn into an engine thru a vacuum line via a defective transmission modulator valve or some other defective part. Transmission fluid is very apparent and billows out so bad that you can't see anything behind you.

Can this be true? If so where the hell is the modulator valve or vacuum modulator?

if you accelerate hard it will stop. And other than the smoke the car runs great. lol

Old 11-04-2012, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

Could very well be your head gasket too. Is the coolant mixing into the oil? I never heard about the ATF issue. However, your ATF is cooled by an antifreeze line, from the radiator.

Spend the $150 and have the Audi Dealer diagnose it. Once they find out exactly what is wrong - decline the work and have it done elsewhere cheaper...or even by yourself.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 AM
1st Gear

ok thanks!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

In cold weather the PCV system can freeze and cause oil to be sucked into the combustion chamber. Start the engine and remove the oil cap and see if there is air being vented through the opening (shouldn't be)...

Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 AM
1st Gear

So I am new to Audi's and this forum however I had Mazdaspeed 6 which used the K04 Turbo and the PVC would go bad or the seals on the turbo would start to leak and this would cause the smoke. it would be white in color, no really have a smell but billow like a smoke bomb out the back, even at just idle.

Maybe check the PVC and also the Turbo seals, Again, I'm new to Audi's so maybe the seals are better than the K04 on Mazdas. Hope you get it fixed.