Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

2004 2.5tdi allroad list of problems I'm suffering

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Allroad8637
Ps.

When a trusted mechanic looked at the engine he said my overflow pipes were leaking oil, would this be a symptom of a blocked breather?

Thanks again
If you mean the leak off pipes from the injectors its not oil, but they could leak diesel, the pipe is only a couple of £, if these are leaking the engine will be soaking in diesel.

Best regards

Andy

Old 03-20-2016, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bagpipingandy
If you mean the leak off pipes from the injectors its not oil, but they could leak diesel, the pipe is only a couple of £, if these are leaking the engine will be soaking in diesel.

Best regards

Andy
Yeh to be fair to be he said my engine was dirty and a lot of the "oil leak" I'm seeing is probably a fair bit of diesel as well. I'm gonna put it straight through its mot with him as soon as its out of the garage hopefully tomorrow. I just want these a niggly problems sorted and I can start to enjoy the car. My bank is being raped by this car lol

What size tubing am I looking to buy? Think I'm going to replace all the pipes in the engine bay at some point, judging by the rest of the car they probably need doing!

Last edited by Allroad8637; 03-20-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:36 AM
1st Gear

its 6mm from memory

regards

Andy

Old 03-24-2016, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

Just a quick update on the garage bound car!

Been in and out of the garage the past few days, with problem after problem. When trying to replace the seal the crank shaft pulley had been seized on as it had never been changed, they had to heat it up to get it out so I now need a new pulley! When they tried to fit the pulley the "plate" that the pulley bolts to the threads were knackered, probably due to them heating it up to release the bolt and pulley. They tried to put a new thread in but its not good enough and if it doesn't hold the pulley properly then obviously the pulley will come away the belt will come off and it could be expensive!

Obviously the plate can only be ordered from the dealer so it's £160! They are not adding any labour to the bill as of now and have told me it'll be ready for next Tuesday. I'm away all week so I've told the manager to get it put back together then get it up on the ramp for an mot, we have come to an "arrangement" so I'm hoping that it will not cost me too much more!

The current garage bill is £700 so with the mot I expect it to hit £1000 with bits and pieces. I just want it done now cos it's getting to the point where it's worth more to me in flames Lol!
w
I just want my car back, been without it for nearly 2 weeks now

Old 03-24-2016, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bagpipingandy
its 6mm from memory

regards

Andy
Thanks Andy, I'll look to get hold of some of those and see if I can renew the pipes myself when I'm ready

Old 04-07-2016, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

Well the car is still in the garage! Has been 3 weeks and is costing me a grand total of £2576!!

3 new tyres, new discs and pads on the rear, new cv joints, new suspension arms and bushes, new brake linkage, new timing belt, new cam seals and pulley, rocker cover gasket replacement and a new passenger door lock!

A crazy amount of work done so I think I will definitely feel the difference when I get it back. Had my eyes pulled out when I bought that car for sure, will be taking a mechanic the next time I buy a car!

I just can't wait to have the car back, going to take a drive Saturday and make sure everything is running well.

These cars are NOT cheap when they break are they. Hoping it's going to be a while before it takes any more of my cash

PS, I'm having the headlights polished and reverting back to halogens. Apparently a little bit of grime on the headlights is an MOT failure?!

Last edited by Allroad8637; 04-07-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:22 PM
1st Gear

Got the car earlier, feels like brand new. Very tight and smooth drive and starts straight away with a smooth idle with no rattling and no stalling. So I'm thinking the engine problem was either the leaky cam seals, old pulley or the bad rocker gasket.

All in all as painful as the cost was, it was definitely money well spent. My car shall live on for a while longer as it no longer feels as if the engine is going to fall out