Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

air suspension compressor negative function

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Default air suspension compressor negative function

Air suspension compressor is not functioning. All VAGCOM gives me is "Note: Excessive Comm Errors" on the Level Control. It is a Continental Kompressor and as far as I know, it is original on the 2004 4.2, with 75K miles. It went out while I was driving when I went to raise the suspension from 2 to 3 on a wet day. Ride height warning light flashes for a while then goes solid. Does go off when the ignition is off. Level 1 light flashes constantly while ignition is on. No previous symptoms of problems prior to this; no dropping down while parked, no sagging on either end, no excessive compressor running. Is there a way to check to see if it is indeed receiving current and/or if the compressor will run via a different source? Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated. One of these days I will have fixed enough stuff to be more of a contributor, than one asking for help. But hey, in the last eight months of owning this allroad I have replaced coil packs, replaced the fuel filter (with a hacksaw because of the rusted nut) and a few other interesting things with the help of all of you. Thanks again!