Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

allroad 2.7t coolant leak??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

I was actually able to get to both thermostat bolts with minimal disassembly. They weren't really loose. And considering they're supposed to be torqued, I doubt they should have been any tighter.

So I hoisted my pants and started taking it all apart again.

What I found displeased me. Both were leaking. I have no idea why. I find it hard to believe that I botched both when I did the TB 20k miles ago. At this point it is what it is. I don't want to try to figure out what was good and could be reused. I just want this behind me. I ordered it all again. This time I went with jhmotorosports' kit.

The steering pump was leaking ... I already knew that, considering I've been refilling it. So I ordered a cheap rebuilt one.

Both cam shafts are leaking. I didn't do them the last time. I will this time.

I can't tell if the aux coolant pump is leaking or if that's just spilled coolant from refilling it or from the bleeder bolt near it. Heck, I didn't even know that pump was there until yesterday.

I'm also going to replace a bunch of the factory crimped hose clamps. I think every single one of them is leaking.

The car's mostly apart now. Everything's been ordered, but I'm dead in the water because of the holiday. Lost two shipping days! So the car will sit until mid next week.

Been watching the mjms dvd some more. This time I'm not using the bar. Going al natural. I remember it being a PITA to work around the last time. If it's well marked, you don't need it anyway. Plus I've read a little about how you should loosen the cam gears to get it all "back in sync". Need to research that some more, since I didn't remove them the last time.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
1st Gear

I forgot to mention that I found the serpentine belt falling apart after just 20k miles. Cracked between every rib and two spots where 2-3 ribs are gone!

I have no idea what could have caused that.