Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Allroad suspension light on

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Default Allroad suspension light on

Hi to Allroaders,
The light for self-leveling suspension came on .First time i noticed it was when i was going over 75mp and it was suppost to drop down to 1st level.Did not and the lights came on.Next day the light was gone but came back.Turn it off and turn it on again,and it was gone.Than while driving,specialy when i would turn,light would come on again.Now it is "stuck" in 4th level(highest).it is not dropping,no noise,no leaks,its just sits there with light on and can not adjust it.Dealer says that they are 90% sure that is a controle module (1500$) but i`m not convinced.
Any sugestions?
thanks

Old 10-07-2010, 03:02 AM
1st Gear

I know this is an old topic,but I would like to know if you have solve the problem?

This because I have in a way the same problem.
My MANUAL light stays on, car does drop but does not rise itself.

According to VAg-COM vlave G291 gives the problem.

Already bought a second hand valve,will install it as soon as my Allroad comes back from repair (need a new transmission )

Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM
1st Gear
Default suspension llight

Hi,

I've had my 2001 allroad since new. I have seen all problems. With the suspension, if you are not seeing the car loosing ride height, the most common problem is sensor failure. The most common sensor failure I have seen is the connector itself. The dealer will charge you ~150-175 per sensor and ~150 labor...is a ~300USD job. However, if you buy an electrical wiring / connector kit at AutoZone let's say...you can fix it and it will be all good. An honest shop might charge you 50-60 bucks. If the connectors are ok, sensor might be bad and replacement required. Also, always ask to check the compressor unit connector as well. The cables brake and a dealer will ask you to replace the ~900USD compressor unit. I fixed mine for 35USD...again, with electrical wiring, connectors, electrical tape...

Hope it helps.

carco.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:15 AM
1st Gear

carco: what sensor do you mean? Is that the one on every corner? Or the valve next to the pump?

Nad what is that kit you mention? Do you have a link?

Old 12-24-2010, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by carco
Hi,

I've had my 2001 allroad since new. I have seen all problems. With the suspension, if you are not seeing the car loosing ride height, the most common problem is sensor failure. The most common sensor failure I have seen is the connector itself. The dealer will charge you ~150-175 per sensor and ~150 labor...is a ~300USD job. However, if you buy an electrical wiring / connector kit at AutoZone let's say...you can fix it and it will be all good. An honest shop might charge you 50-60 bucks. If the connectors are ok, sensor might be bad and replacement required. Also, always ask to check the compressor unit connector as well. The cables brake and a dealer will ask you to replace the ~900USD compressor unit. I fixed mine for 35USD...again, with electrical wiring, connectors, electrical tape...

Hope it helps.

carco.
would love to know what sensors you are talking about with pics.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

Well, I do not know a lot about this but can tell you there are four sensors, one for each wheel. The front left one also controls the headlight adjuster so if that light is on too, that sensor is probably bad. Unfortunately, I replaced the sensor in my 01 allroad (because the dealer said it was the problem) and I still do not have air pressure. I just checked all of the connection to the compressor and the compressor itself and still nothing. Going to buy a VAG-COM tool now so I check what is next rather than giving another $160 to the stealer.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

well I am having problems with the front losing height at night when its cold. the bags are brand new and there are no leaks that i can see when I spray soapy water on. the pump it seems is no longer strong enough to lift the bags but I just want to make sure this will cure all the symptoms. I guess my question is, if the pump is bad can it make the front bags lose air pressure when sitting?

Old 10-17-2017, 09:57 PM
1st Gear
Default 2003 allroad Leveling light on and rear air ride is sagging

I noticed the rear and sagging so I replaced it with two new air ride suspension bags ,The light will still not go off and the car will not become level. I have already replaced the front air ride and don’t see how the rear is any different.pump works and was replaced when I did the front,Can the suspension part of the brain be in a stuck off mode and that leveling light needs to be erased for it to know that the problem is fixed.