Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

allroad suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Default allroad suspension problem

I own an ’03 AR with under 70k miles. Several weeks ago the front left side (F/L/S) airbag developed a leak, so regularly I would find my car in the morning bottomed-out with only a bit over an inch of clearance between the tires and the wheel wells. So I followed the good advice here and ordered an airbag from Arnott. I had a local mechanic install it last week. A new suspension-related problem has developed. When I park the AR I leave it at the 3rd highest setting (someone her suggested that this setting places less stress on the airbags than setting 1 or 2). So in the morning both L/S tires are still at that setting, but the R/F is totally bottomed out while the R/R appears to be at the 2nd highest setting. Obviously the F/R/S airbag may now also be leaking. But even so, the car is resting on 3 different settings. When the L/F airbag leaked, the car (sensor?) compensated by deflating the other three airbags. I called Arnott and was told that, 1) when an airbag is replaced the height sensor needs to be recalibrated, or 2) the sensor module needs to be replaced.

Any ideas are greatly suggested.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

Hmm, that is a new one to me. I'd have figured since you actually had a bag that leaked, your compressor was over-running and probably burnt out at this point. I'll do some more research on recalibration and the sensor module.