Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Allroad suspension stuck high at front end

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:39 AM
1st Gear
Default Allroad suspension stuck high at front end

Hi folks - have a 2000 Allroad 2.7. Love it, and the only significant problems I've ever had have been related to the air suspension.

Strangely, the suspension never seems to have adjusted itself as completely in automatic mode as it's described in the manual. It comes down to L1 over 70ish mph, but otherwise I tend to adjust it to suit from the panel. I never switch into manual override (yellow indicator).

A couple of days ago I needed to elevate to top level (level 4) due to floods. Since then the front end is generally stuck up at level 4 whatever I do, and bounces around horribly at anything beyond a minimal speed.

In summary: I have the back end of a normal estate and the front end of a monster truck.

Faffing around with different settings, and ignition on/off has allowed it to temporarily return to something like normal levels, but eventually the front end will always bring itself back up to full height.

I've tried the two-button, 15 second reset suggested elsewhere, but I'm not really sure what this is meant to achieve. Certainly didn't resolve the issue for me...

I've had the front nearside bag replaced recently, and a while before that a sensor replaced. The compressor was checked over, and apparently AOK at that point.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:46 AM
1st Gear

at a 1st guess it sounds like a level sensor issue on the front if it keeps rising back up again, is the suspension error light on? do both fronts sit high or does 1 of the fronts try to lower a little?

a code read would help find out more,

how deep was the water you drove through?

regards

Andy

Old 11-04-2013, 08:14 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for your reply!

No suspension error ('ride height adjustment') light - following its brief appearance upon ignition. Both sides sit high; there might be a tiny bit more height on the nearside (coincidentally the one I had the bag replaced on a couple of weeks ago).

As for the water depth: maybe six inches, maybe a bit more...

Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Certified

You are going to need a scanner that can read suspension data & fault codes!

Old 11-04-2013, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

...which is going to mean the garage... darn.