Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

diverter valves & chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear
Default diverter valves & chip

I'm looking to upgrade my 2.7T allroad , 50k tiptronic,with the APR chip. I'm being told two different things about the diverter valves. One shop says I would require an upgrade to $160 Hyperboost valves, the other shop says no. What's your experiences with thisout there? I've also noticed some comments about tiptronic trnsmission problems. Has anyone had anyearly transmission failuredue to the increased power. I'd appreciate any feedback on this before jumping on the upgrades.
Thanks

Old 08-23-2007, 07:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: diverter valves & chip

I have a 2003 Allroad with 51K miles on it. I will be adding a GIAC chip and two Forge diverter valves to add approx. 80hp/80tq gains. You have to buy the diverter valves as the stock ones don't handle the added psi well at all and will break. However, I will not be doing this upgrade of power until I do the t-belt/therm/waterpump/camseals/tensioners/gaskets at 60K miles to insure I don't break anything with this power. It is my understanding the the tippy tranny can handle up to 450 hp but I will never take it to that point. The tippies do experience torque converter issues with added power but I believe that depends on your fluid maintenance and how you drive it. I was told to buy it with the manual tranny but I grew tired of constant shifting prior to the purchase ofthis car, so I was pleased to go with automatic for now. No matter what (I am a newbie too), you will have to fix stuff so it really boils down to your love for the car.......

NOTHING BEATS QUATTRO .......

G

Old 08-26-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

Guys,

Sorry to go off of subject, but I also have an 03 Allroad and need to do some repairs. Were can I get a repair manual from. I saw a link on the main page for car manuals, are they anygood..

Thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

Eagle,

Nice to have you with us 03 guys ! I just beat the crap out of my allroad this weekend and it survived me. What a blast, can't wait to chip this car. So I will be investingthe money for repairing more that needs to be done. Check this link here as this is where I plan to get started as a newbieeee.

http://www.ross-tech.com/products.html

G

Old 08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

Thank you. Appriciate it. Just got myself a manual. Maybe I can stop paying crazy repair costs.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

Well at least for some stuff. I found a good mechanic who is willing to give me a good discount and fair price to work on my Allroad. Finding a good Audi (or german car guy) mechanic is hard but they are out there. The point is to be more informed aboutyour car. I avoid the dealer as much as possible as they're all about ripping me off. I buy parts as needed via my discounts there or online.

g

Old 08-28-2007, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

That's an excellent point. Were do you get your parts from. I need to get a new computer switch that sits next to the hand brake. Audi quoted about $120. I looked at the center consule and can't even figure out how to get the damn thing apart. Also the blower fan, can't find that for less than $230. While I'm on it, the front driving side wheel feels like its getting real road wobble, but does not do it all the time. My wife thinks it only happens when cold, as she drive home it does not happen.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

Ok, sorry for the absolutely late post. I have gelled too much lately. I buy my parts direct from the audi dealer because I am not into cheap replacements. Since I am an auto dealer myself, I am getting them for a nice percentage break. The most I could help with would be 10% off. I am going to start looking for a good audi parts recycler as this is the way I used to supply my BMW's years ago as I grew very tired of that cost too. If your feeling brave, you could bid for parts online at EBay. Personally, I hate EBay. When your drivers side wheel begins to wobble, is your ESP alert blinking quickly on the your display, then going out? Is it happening on bumpy or crappy paved roads? Seems to me, I have the same problem but it is not the wheel but rather the ESP/ABS trying to control the drivers side axle. It makes a wierd noise for sure. My favorite noise is in my suspension, it appears that my tophats over my springs (or struts) are not happy, everytime I go over some bump, they make noise. Stay in touch, I will spend more time here daily as our cars require lots of attention....

No problem, I vent all the time...

Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

I currently have the revo flash and the first thing i was told was to change the diverter valve. so i went and bough the hypper boost diverter valve and i m getting ready to put them on this weekend. the reason to change those valve is the valve doesnt hold the crazy power added by the chip or flash. i cant wait to see . i will highly recomended them.