Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

First mod.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Default First mod.

a K&N Air Filter. Woo Hoo. thought i'd share my excitement with ya'll

Next, possibly, a chip. want a lil more power and get rid of the unintended acceleration cuz i hate the jerk's and knock's i get from my tranny as we have discussed in another thread. but that might be awhile.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

I've heard K&N are bad on Map sensors

Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM

possibly. im not sure yet. ill look into it, i wasnt to happy with the way the k&n filter wanted to fit in the box. same size as the filter i took out, but doesnt want to sit in right, felt as if there was a tiny gap between the filter and the edge of the box. maybe ill just take it back and say it wasnt wrong size or something.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

I don't think the gains are that great either

Old 10-09-2008, 12:29 AM

Ehh. i returned it anyways. got my $53 back. any other good recommendations. any brands, sites, etc. ?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Default K&N filter

I put the K&N filter in my AR and couldn't notice any real difference in power but gained 1-2 mpg on the highway. I want to chip it next, any suggestions about which is best and cost sensitive?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ky allroad
I put the K&N filter in my AR and couldn't notice any real difference in power but gained 1-2 mpg on the highway. I want to chip it next, any suggestions about which is best and cost sensitive?
Audi in Lexington is an APR dealer

Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ky allroad
What if you went with a cold air intake instead of just the filter?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by motomonkey
What if you went with a cold air intake instead of just the filter?
Aren't cold air intakes are worthless on these cars? Please someone correct me if im wrong, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of the air inlet in the front under the hood, where it can actually suck in cold air as opposed to putting a cone style filter or what have you inside the engine bay, and letting it suck in already warm air from being so tightly fit with hardly any air circulation???

Thats my take on it, but who knows, lets see what peeps have to say?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 PM

i just got a K&N CAI. and yeah like you said audi did a great job with the stock airbox so its not going to add 50HP but it does increase a lil bit, along with MPG, and it seems more responsive also a smoother and wider power band.not to mention it sounds awesome with my exhaust setup