Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

First mod.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

I think the K&N filters become a problem with the air flow sensors if you don't dry them properly or if you use too much oil when lubricating them after cleaning. I've been using them on my VWs and Audis since 2002 with no problem. $50 sounds like a lot up front, but if you use it as a lifetime filter, its a good deal. The $11 recharge kit will allow you to clean and lube 8-10 times. (at least that's been my experience)

Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 PM

yeah it does tend to suck in a lil bit of oil (specially when its new or have just "recharged" it). so you should clean ur MAF sensor once in a while.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by mexican47
i just got a K&N CAI. and yeah like you said audi did a great job with the stock airbox so its not going to add 50HP but it does increase a lil bit, along with MPG, and it seems more responsive also a smoother and wider power band.not to mention it sounds awesome with my exhaust setup
Thats cool that it makes it a lil more responsive, ive been waiting to hear from someone that has tried a cai on their car. i think ill wait until i do exhaust, if ever, then do it all at once. what setup do you have?

Old 11-07-2008, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by incrementalg
I think the K&N filters become a problem with the air flow sensors if you don't dry them properly or if you use too much oil when lubricating them after cleaning. I've been using them on my VWs and Audis since 2002 with no problem. $50 sounds like a lot up front, but if you use it as a lifetime filter, its a good deal. The $11 recharge kit will allow you to clean and lube 8-10 times. (at least that's been my experience)
Yea i was wondering if it was the oiling of the filter that caused problems with the MAF, or i have heard of problems with the cotton coming off the filter and flowing in and getting on the sensor as well, and then every once in awhile you would have to take it all apart and take a can of air and clean it off, since its not just a cheap ol paper and made of. thats what the dude at napa told me when i originally bought mine.

But idk if you saw my #3 post in this thread, im not sure if it was just the filter it self, but i bought one and returned it because it didn't fit fully in the box, there was a small gap on the edge, kinda defeating the purpose of a filter altogether. So i took it back and had them check to make sure it was the right number of filter, which it was, i just wanted to make them look then i returned it.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by mctavish11
Thats cool that it makes it a lil more responsive, ive been waiting to hear from someone that has tried a cai on their car. i think ill wait until i do exhaust, if ever, then do it all at once. what setup do you have?
right now its stock piping to a magnaflow exhaust. im thinkin about removing the mid-resonator tho... not too sure yet!

Last edited by DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN; 11-07-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:15 PM

Does magnaflow make a catback system, i cant remember, ive only looked once, i thought for some reason they only made a universal muffler that you could have welded in, then take out the mid-resonator and replace with some piping to make sound better?

i remember seeing the mufflers for like $100 a piece, not to bad, then have someone just chop out that resonator, weld in pipes, and good to go, well under $500.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

Magnaflow will need to be custom.$500 seems to be the going rate

Old 11-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by MYD WGN
Magnaflow will need to be custom.$500 seems to be the going rate
Nice. Xmas maybe i think i may have my gf convinced to buy me the mufflers, then id just have to pay for the labor.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:06 PM

nice lol

Old 11-10-2008, 01:27 PM

i heard a few on youtube with that setup and it sounded pretty decent. def nice for around $500 i'd say