Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Interior Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Interior Lighting

Has anyone else used LEDs on their interior lights? I've tried some from ebay and some from 42 Draft Designs so I know that at least that set was quality, but what has happened is that when the LEDs are in... the interior lights are fine when I open the doors. The under door and footwell lighting works smashingly. The rear cargo light is great but the "overhead and map" lights do not function after the door open portion. Once I close the doors, the map lights don't turn on/off and seem to have a faint glow all the time. The main interior lights won't turn on or off period unless I open the door again. If I have the main switch set to "off" then I can turn the map lights on and off for a time, but after a certain time out, they simply don't work anymore.

Any ideas? I'm wholly stumped as I'm not an electrical type person, I can do minor things but in my 2002 GTI, I replaced all the interior bulbs with LEDs and had no problems at all.

Thanks for any help,
Justin

Old 03-02-2013, 11:05 AM
1st Gear
Default LED Dome Issue

I installed led's also and have the issue of the domes not working after the car is started. Once the car is off and the key out, everything works fine.

The issue is that the led's don't have enough resistance and the lights don't work properly.

Here is a link to the solution.

LED interior conversion review w/pics - AudiForums.com