Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Pricing & Warranty Question on Used Allroads

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Pricing & Warranty Question on Used Allroads

I am finalizing some negotiations with dealers and would like to know if anyone has some thoughts on pricing of 03-04 allroads:

- KBB rates cars at $1000 higher than the Nada guides. Cars I'm looking at are at or slightly below KBB but no below Nada?

- Audi Extended Warranties: Does anyone know which is the best deal?
- 4 years or 48,000 additional miles is $3500 for full, - $2500 for electronics and most stuff, -$1500 for drive train.

Since I'm only looking at manual cars do you have any insights?

Thanks,

T

Old 01-07-2008, 09:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pricing & Warranty Question on Used Allroads

T,

I went the CPO route, and am unaware of all the options you have. Are these offers from the dealer?

Since repairs are costly for these cars, I would recommend spending as much as you can afford on the warrantee. I was lucky in that I still have some of the factory warrantee to go before CPO takes over.

Best of luck,

john

Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

I'm with fischgrape. Warranty is a good idea on these cars. I went the CPO route as well, so I'm not familiar with other options. These warranties sound kinda high to me. What are you looking at in terms of price on the car? If it brings the over all price into the range of a CPO, then I'd recommend searching for a CPO. You'll get the car through Audi and they'll be doing the work which is a plus giventhese cars can be tricky to work with.
For comparison (if it helps)...
In September, I got a CPO 2003 with just under 36k miles and in near perfect condition inside and out for $23k.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
1st Gear

Was it a manual transmission?

Also, where are you located?

I am in NYC which seems to have higher prices overall.

Thanks,

t.

[sm=teetertooter.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]
ORIGINAL: incrementalg

I'm with fischgrape. Warranty is a good idea on these cars. I went the CPO route as well, so I'm not familiar with other options. These warranties sound kinda high to me. What are you looking at in terms of price on the car? If it brings the over all price into the range of a CPO, then I'd recommend searching for a CPO. You'll get the car through Audi and they'll be doing the work which is a plus given these cars can be tricky to work with.
For comparison (if it helps)...
In September, I got a CPO 2003 with just under 36k miles and in near perfect condition inside and out for $23k.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

I'm in Boston...prices tend to be higher here too. Mine is an automatic.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

Matador,

I'm up in Hyde Park, NY. I lived and worked in the city for years (lived in Brooklyn, worked in restaurants in Manhattan).

I bought my '04 AR just two months ago at Mohegan Lake Motors in northern Westchester www.moheganlakemotors.com . They have an '02 with a manual transmission for sale right now...but it's probably too old for CPO, but ask for Alfonso and tell him that John Fischer referred you. He's a great salesman. I don't know what service is like there yet, but I'm hoping for the best--I heard bad things about the Danbury service.

So you know, I got my '04 allroad with only 10.5K miles for just over $30K. Alfonso knew what I wanted, and called me when he found it. Tell him you want a manual allroad, and they'll find it for you.

john

Old 01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

10.5k miles on an '04? That's some insane low mileage!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 AM
1st Gear

Thanks to all who responded here's what this Audi dealer is saying:

- The warranty is a full warranty exactly the same as the original factory warranty: extended for 48,000 more miles or 4 years. ($3500.)

This does not cover replacing the clutch but covers all electrical, suspension and all other major systems including drive train.

The warranty is good at any Audi dealer.

Any further thoughts?

What about other Audi dealers in NYC or surrounding area?

Thanks again.

[sm=teetertooter.gif]