Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Vibrations and a burnt b-u-t-t

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:05 PM
1st Gear
Question Vibrations and a burnt b-u-t-t

Okay,

first of all merry christmas to all my fellow allroad friends.

Now to my two totally unrelated problems:

Just bought new tires (old ones were worn, no defects) and repalced them with the BFG G-Force (225/45 17 - absolutely awesome).
But now when hitting 45-65mph the vibrations start - to a degree where the steering wheel begins to vibrate like I think I have Parkinson when holding on to it.
Went back to the tire guys, they rebalanced again, but still major wobble - they blame my HR axle spacers now - but they're brandnew from the box and IMHO don't effect the vibrations.
Anything other than wheel bearings that can cause this super wobble?

my driver set has a "hot spot" - which wouldn't be bad if it had wifi access, but this one only burns my butt when the heated seat is on.
The rest of the seat maintains a good temperature - only that one spot literally burns my skin.
What can cause this and is there a quick fix?

Thanks,

Robb

Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Question How to Get What You Want Using Free Classifieds

Until some time ago, if we wanted wedding invitations to buy something or wanted to know about the latest job rpgshow listings, we waited for our dailies, local classifieds and wedding dresses magazines. After the arrival of the internet, things have changed completely. We do not wedding invitation have to wait for our newspapers and other print media for classified ads.bridesmaid dresses Today we can look for what we want any time of the day or night using free classifieds online.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

The hot spot on your seat is a defective seat heater element. You need to stop using it or replace it. It could eventually burn your leather cover.

As far as your vibration. I had a similar problem with my allroad. My had Eagle triple tread assurance tires. Anyway, brand new had a vibration. They balance Ok, but...
they road force terrible. Make sure you take it to shop with a roadforce machine. It make a big difference. I actually got Goodyear to give me a free set of new tires when the saw the poor road force.