Archive - Exterior/Body Sell your Body/Exterior parts within.

A4 B5 hood for sale, light silver, small damage, Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:49 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 B5 hood for sale, light silver, small damage, Connecticut

hi, i am looking to sell the hood from my 1997 A4 B5 1.8 QT. back in january i got into a very minor fender bender [ well, hood bender ] with another car in a snowstorm. the damage to the hood is on the drivers side above the headlight unit. it is slightly crumpled back, the damage runs about 6 or 7 inches wide, the paint is affected - slightly cracked and primer shows through at spots. top to bottom the damage is only about 3 inches or so top to bottom at worst, a simple crack and paint split mainly overall. hood closed properly before i replaced it. opens and closes fine, no problem. other than that hood is very nice, usual wear from 11 years of ownership. overall paint is in good condition, small usual rock dings and little tiny chips up in front, above the grill. i would say the hood, including the small damage on the drivers side is about 75% > 80% nice. ]

note : only hood is for sale. not the hinges. not the latch that attaches from the top to close the hood [ easily swapped with a new one, just attach/detach three bolts, you can easily get this part at an audi shop ] hood attaches easily with 4 bolts, not included, to hinges that are part of the car. includes windown washer units that work perfectly, still squirt strong. i cut the connecting cable wires clean so a splice will be easy to get the washers squirting again.

i am looking to get some money for it, but since it is obviously damaged a bit, i am very flexible in what i will settle for before i end up selling it to some junk yard for little. if you needa hood to tide you over or replace some serious damage to your hood, this might work for you.

i live in Northeastern CT, near UCONN, and work out towards manchester/vernon and hartford. would be willing to meet you somewhere near these places to sell the hood.

we all know replacement hoods are way expensive, as is any kind of proper body work, but if you are handy with such things and know somebody in the auto body / car painting business, this might be the item for you. much, much cheaper than anything found on ebay, and way less than carbon fiber hoods.

i am asking $100 for it, but would settle for less depending on how many people are interested. cash only please.

i am going to post some pictures on photobucket.com soon, i have to ask my friend to help me post pictures online using his digital camera. my descriptions above are accurate and honest.

any questions or anything check me back here or email me direct : unseenguest@hotmail.com

many thanks and check me anytime.

M