Audi A2 This compact Audi A2 offers a lightweight aluminum structure which allows the small yet efficient engine to offer performance comparable to others in its class.

Break fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Default Break fluid

Hello everyone I am new here and was hoping some one can tell me how to fill up my break fluid on the A2 also while I am here does any one have any roof racks that they could suggest I look at getting for the A2 along with a roof box, we are planning a trip and I need more space.

many thanks in advance
Glenn

Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Break fluid

It should make mention on the cap that it's for brake fluid, so it's always good to double check!

Old 08-06-2007, 04:02 AM

Thanks cyberlogicxfor showing me, I was wondering if you could help me out with another question, how do I get the bonnet off the A2 becase it is not like anything else is it the whole thing just lifts off some how, is it easy enough to do this, ( I am not a machanic or anything) but I dont really want to have to take it to some one to fill up with break fluid.

And finaly is there a type of fluid I should get that you know of?

one last thing how would you put screen was in for the winsheild, because when you open the front grill ( oil and water) I belive that it does the winsheild was as well and I really do not want to put something in there that I should not.

Hope you can help, you obviously know your stuff it is just that we are going away on holiday in the car to france and want to really make sure that it is fit

kind regards in advance Glenn

Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Lets see... to get the bonnet off, there are catches behind the front service flap, the one you open to top off washer fluid and oil, and the whole thing just lifts right off.

DOT-3 fluid should work for you, I like Prestone because it's cheap, but it should say on the cap what type you need. Make sure you use what it reads on the cap.

I'm not really sure about what you mean in the last part, though, but for more reliable and abundant answers, you should check out the dudes at The International Audi A2 Owners Club.

Enjoy your holiday!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
4th Gear

Audi recommentds DOT 4 fluid or equivalent. The question is, why do you think you need brake fluid, and if you do, where is it going? Granted if your pads wear down the fluid level goes down, but not usually enough to trigger a warning light. Make suure if you top it up that you don't have a leak.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

dam that's a thight squizze

Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Senior Administrator

I was gonna suggest much of teh same thing, except, using BRAKE-fluid, instead...

Old 11-26-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

dam that small bay no room to play around with