Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Bluetooth Capatibility

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Default A3 Bluetooth Capatibility

Hey I was wondering how hard bluetooth is to add to a base a3 MT, is it doable by a person? Is it doable by the dealership? How much would either option run me... I know audi charges 475... is there anyway to get that cut down a good amount? And how do you control the bluetooth device... the stereo.. or do they add buttons to the steering wheel... Thanks!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 Bluetooth Capatibility

I got mine with it... it is all handled through the steering wheel (for some reason its only the steering wheel and doesn't work with the radio!)

So yeh, I guess if you had to add buttons to the wheel it could be real difficult!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 Bluetooth Capatibility

Well, what do you mean by "add Bluetooth"? If you mean adding an aftermarket system, there are dozens of options out there, but none of them are nearly as integrated as the dealer-installed option. How you control an aftermarket system varies greatly depending on the product. Simply Google "bluetooth car kit" and you will find more information on specific products. If you mean installing the Audi bluetooth product yourself, I'm not sure if that's possible to do yourself. Check out the NAVPlus forum, those guys are really hardcore on the technical issues and you might be able to get some answers there. http://www.navplus.us/