Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 02:31 AM
1st Gear
Default A3 Coming Soon

Well all I decided to start my thread about my on order A3 (see sig). My salesman called today to say that it is 100mi from the port of Houston and should be here by the end of the year. I ordered it on 28 Oct, and the production week was 27 Nov. If I do receive it by the end of the year then they will beat the EDD by a month, originally I was told 90 days. Wish me luck.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Default RE: A3 Coming Soon

Luck!

You have MY car, except for the black leather. Too HOT in the South. Much better to have the lighter colors. You'll totally enjoy your new car.

Cheers!

Old 12-26-2006, 04:34 AM
1st Gear

Bro, enjoy the ride. I'll be out in January for my spin it.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:23 PM

Sounds very sweet, congrats.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:03 PM
1st Gear

Good luck. Mine beat the EDD by 1 month so I hope that's a good sign for you.[sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 12-28-2006, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

I got the call today that my A3 is ready for pick up tomarrow. Tonight the sales manager calls me and tells me that they will not sale it to me unless I title it in TX. I live in VA and I told them when I ordered it that I need it titled in VA (sales tax VA 3% TX 6.4 not to mention that I will have to re-register in VA). I told him to refund my deposit. He said he will do it tomarrow to give me some time to think about it. For me I'll wait, save the miles from the drive back to VA and have a larger down payment. Their issue is having to wait to title it out of state for one to two weeks make this a next year transaction versus a this year transaction. Either way it is going to be a next year transaction, I don't think many Texans are as focused on the cold weather package as me.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

Hmmm, that's interesting. My dealership didn't really care where I titled my car and I had almost a month before I left Colorado for Cali. I don't know, but if they told you you could title it in VA and went back on that, you definitely have a reason to be upset. On the other hand, if its the car you want is it worth the additional hassle? Again, like I said earlier I did find some interesting deals on A3s on yahoo.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

QST4Give me a call

Old 12-29-2006, 11:53 AM

Hold on! They can title the car in TX, but have them calculate the sales tax for VA and have them cut out the check for the sales tax to the state of VA. My dad runs a dealership in IA and I've bought cars in CA many times like this before. My cars are titled in IA, but I have to pay CA state taxes on the sale of the vehicle since I live here. It's opposite for me since I'd love to pay IA state tax opposed to CA, but it can be done.

Cheers!

Old 12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
1st Gear

No A3 for me, this is a cut and paste from the dealership thread, I just don't want to retype but I want everyone to know.

Do not go to Cavender Audi in San Antonio. When I ordered my A3 I told them that I needed to register the vehicle in VA since I am only in S/A temporarily. The called me yesterday to tell me that the car arrived and I could pick it up today. The sales manager called me back and told me I had to register the car in TX because it would take a week to register it in VA and they have to sell it by the end of the year. I worked it out with my bank to get it titled in VA with no help from the dealer. So I go into day and notice that my name is spelled wrong on the purchase order...quick fix. Then I notice that the jacked up the price $2000 from our agreed upon price. They make two counter offers and I say no. The sales manager starts whining about how they are only going to make $735 if they sale it to me at the agreed uponprice. I told him about this forum and they have the opportunity to get a good review and have more customers or get this review and lose money and customers. The choose not to honor thier word. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Also I contacted Audi Corporate and I am interested in their feedback.

Quick Reply: A3 Coming Soon