Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 Coming Soon

I appreciate all of the support on this website. I did buy a 2007 BMW 328i yesterday, the whole Audi experience was too much to bear. The product is outstanding but not enough overlook how I was treated. I think thatAoA needs to overhaul their management philosophy.Even if I had purchased an A3 from another dealer my feelings about the first attempt would ruin any enjoyment that I would have. This is a great forum with great people I wish you all luck and lot of enjoyment on the road.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: qmjumpmaster
Even if I had purchased an A3 from another dealer my feelings about the first attempt would ruin any enjoyment that I would have.
Understood, but with any automotive brand you can encounter your last experience. I have encountered local BMW dealers that are no better. You have to fault the salesman/manager you originally discussed the order with, who promised a price he didn't input into his computer system, so when it came time to purchase the vehicle he was ready to charge you MSRP. This is not that rare an occurance, some dealerships are run wonderfully, other aren't.

Hope you enjoy your 328i.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

That's a valid point.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

ORIGINAL: qmjumpmaster
Even if I had purchased an A3 from another dealer my feelings about the first attempt would ruin any enjoyment that I would have.
Understood, but with any automotive brand you can encounter your last experience. I have encountered local BMW dealers that are no better. You have to fault the salesman/manager you originally discussed the order with, who promised a price he didn't input into his computer system, so when it came time to purchase the vehicle he was ready to charge you MSRP. This is not that rare an occurance, some dealerships are run wonderfully, other aren't.

Hope you enjoy your 328i.
Actually I blame the GM; leaders set the climate and establish the culture in their organizations. He was there and allowed this happen. His sales associates, managers, and service personnel are all his responsiblility. If he does not set the standard in customer care and integrity he cannot expect them to. Audi of America was brought in as well with no action...haven't heard back yet. They too have a responsibility to set the standard for the Audi name. Again Audi are phenominal machines, I will just admire from a far. It's a shame that all of you on this forum aren't running Audi...at least in San Antonio. Hope to see you all out there on the road.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:22 AM
1st Gear

The nearest dealership to me (15 miles) gave a miserable negotiation experience. The salesman was fairly helpful beginning with 3-4 different test drives between September and November. He even took me to the parts department to talk about modding and chipping should I have chosen the 2.0. But in the end they asked $100 over MSRP and acted as if I was bull----ting him when I said he was $3,000 above another dealership's quote. Only late in the game did he say they'd match the price if I sold my old car instead of trading in. That was a real slap in the face. If there wasn't the one competing dealership 50 miles away, I would have also ended up with a BMW 328xi from a dealership I've used before and knew I could trust.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

Not to totally bash on Audi dealerships, but when I bought my E46 '01 BMW which I had special ordered, the dealership was still trying to squeeze me for more money. I was ready to walk on them also with the satisfaction that they would havesuch a custom ordered car that it would be hard for them to resell it.

The finance manager at Livermore Audi was the most difficult to work with. The salesman was fine. It was because of the finance manager that nearly killed the sale, but Audi's quality control questionnaire doesn't ask about that part of the "team".

I love my E46 and came very close to buying an E90, you'll love your 328i! The reason I went with the A3 was because BMW doesn't sell the 1series here.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

If you custom order a car you have to get as firm an agreement as possible (paper trail, contact history) so the sales manager can't squeeze you for more money later. Any aggressive auto dealer will attempt to squeeze you if you are not prepared; they are all the same for non-fixed price auto purchases.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

Well that doesn't make it right! And he did have a contract (PAPER), and once the car arrived the manager attempted to renegotiate. When customers are forced to walk into a dealship wondering how badly is the dealership going to stick it to me, well that's just the wrong enviornment. I guess he could have paid upfront which may have saved forced the manager to honor the negotiated price, but what fool would do that, with all these sinister dealership personel running around. I agree its not just Audi, but it is just plain wrong.