Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Default A3 Options

Hi everyone, I'm a soon to be A3 2.0T 6MT owner. Just wanted some advice about the available options. I just visited the dealer the other day and got this info:

Premium ($2750): 17in 16 spoke silver rims, homelink, storage package?, trip computer, autodimming mirrors, light/rain sensor, power front seat, 3spoke steering wheel, alum belt line trim, fog lights, leather seating surfaces.

Sport ($2500): 17in 16spoke bicolor rims, 3spoke steering wheel, alum belt line trim, fog lights, leather seating surfaces, sport suspension, radio button in alloy?, roof spoiler, sport seats.

I'm not sure which on to go with. Please help me decide. I do like to go fast but I would also like the extras such as the light/rain sensors, so I'm not sure what to get.
1)Are the sport suspensions just stiffer than the regular ones? Or are they tuned for real corners?
2)Are the sport seats anything close to bucket seats? How do they compare with the premium package seats?

Also, there is an available Cold Weather Package and Open Sky system. Debating whether I should get the cold weather package since I live in Toronto and the winter is fairly long. I'm mainly interested in the heated mirrors and nozzles, not so much the heated seats or ski sack. As for the Open Sky system, it seems like a nice touch but I haven't used any of the moonroofs in my other cars. I would most likely go with either the cold weather package OR the open sky system.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 Options

Not being a huge "car guy" I would offer my advice (a former torontonian who now lives in san francisco)

While heated seats are cool if you like the feeling of "wet pants"... the open sky is WAY sicker. We just got back from a drive in the redwoods, looking up at the sky filled with huge trees from two sunroofs and it was great. I would take that over a warm butt any day.

The sports suspension feels nice, and the seats are slightly different in the premium i believe. I went with the sports b/c I didn't need the garage door openners on the thingy, and all those little bells and whistles. I DO like the way the rims look on the sport a bit more than the premium. They are two tone rather than all the same color. Oh, and it is a bit cheaper. The only thing I really miss about the premium is that it has the little seat motor, but there is something cool about dialing it in manually anyway.

moo