Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Sirius Satellite radio tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Default A3 Sirius Satellite radio tuner

I recently bought and had someone install a Sirius Satellite radio for my A3 2007. The model number on the tuner is 8E0-057-593.

The factory concert radio does not recognize the installed Sirius tuner. Has anyone ran ino this problem before. Do I need to take to the Audi dealer so that they can program or enable something on the built-in factory radio?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 Sirius Satellite radio tuner

Did you hook up the bridge in the passenger side footwell? That's the only thing required for the unit to work besides installing it - I assume you have a shark fin antenna.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, do what hesaputz said. You can follow the directions here for details and pictures.

Out of curiosity, for anyone with a 2007 A3 who installed the XM/Sirius unit: Did you have a wire that would plug into all four ports (the two rectangular ones and the two round ones)? When installing the XM receiver, I only had one round port (the green one) to plug into. There is still a brown port that I have no wire to plug into. Technically the unit works, but I am getting the "antenna" error on my radio despite getting full signal and the names of each station.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:20 AM

thanks for advice hesaputz and jeratain.

that resolved my issue after connecting the CAN bus plugs inside the passenger side kick plate by door.

i have now signed up with sirius radio.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 PM

Set up my A3 and sirius satellite reciever according to instructions. The stereo "sees" the sat box and I can change channels, etc. but I'm not getting any audio. Called sirius, they said have tech troubleshoot. I brought it over to my tech, he checked all settings (via VAG COM) and double checked all connections. Still I get no audio but can select any channel. Any thoughts??

TIA,

Joel

Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 PM
1st Gear
Default same problem as you

I got the sirius unit installed and changed the CAM. The head unit sees the sat radio. Its stuck on weather (because i havent activated it yet) no audio and there isnt a brown antenna cable in the back....just green?

any thoughts

Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy No Audio from XM satellie module... WTF

I have this same problem... anyone have any ideas??? Everything else works fine and the install was simple just no audio

I was so looking forward to this working...

Thanks,

Mike

Originally Posted by simplesimon72
Set up my A3 and sirius satellite reciever according to instructions. The stereo "sees" the sat box and I can change channels, etc. but I'm not getting any audio. Called sirius, they said have tech troubleshoot. I brought it over to my tech, he checked all settings (via VAG COM) and double checked all connections. Still I get no audio but can select any channel. Any thoughts??

TIA,

Joel

Old 05-31-2010, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by audister
I recently bought and had someone install a Sirius Satellite radio for my A3 2007. The model number on the tuner is 8E0-057-593.

The factory concert radio does not recognize the installed Sirius tuner. Has anyone ran ino this problem before. Do I need to take to the Audi dealer so that they can program or enable something on the built-in factory radio?
i know with rns-e you have to vag the car to recognize the tuner, maybe the same has to be done with the symphony units.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

Hey fellas,

I have the 2007 A3 Audi Concert and have bought the Sirius tuner for the car. Can someone do me a solid by explaining what I need to do now? I've seen some photos that say the tuner needs to be installed in the back of the car, others that say it goes in the passenger footwell..? Pics would be huge, but just a quick explanation of what I need to do would be the upmost help. Thanks,

JH