Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

APR stage 1... Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:26 PM
1st Gear
Default APR stage 1... Feedback?

I just bought an 08 A3 and am planning to flash it. I'm leaning APR but saw the oe tuning and giac also have tunes available? Can anyone advise about these? Recommendations or other suggestions? Feedback from those with tunes is also greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Apr

hey buddy...
i have an 09 a3 n i got the APR stage 1 flash right now and im telling you GO APR !!!!! i have 4 settings...91,93(94),100 octane and valet mode. and my car ****** ripsssssss ****!! from stock 200 hp n 207tq im now at 256hp and 307tq when set to 94 octane!and im hittin 20 pounds of boost!! its a masssive change in performance! u reach max trq @2500 rpm, that is just ridiculous. ive also looked into giac and revo n to be honest there a waist of money for what the outcome will be. GO APR ALL THE WAY ---jus imagine stage 3 -wit a high pressure fuel pump, intake n exhaust from turbo back --ull be setting at 400hp n over 500 pound of trq.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

LOVE mine, I have 4 modes as well. I have not run the 100 Oct yet, but I run the 91 mode all the time. It runs perfect, I just drove 1500 miles from Seattle to Denver without any issues. GET APR!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:22 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 09A3APR1
ive also looked into giac and revo n to be honest there a waist of money for what the outcome will be.
I love statements like these. You haven't used either of these company's products but say they are a waist of money..... If you want to say your APR is great, that's awesome, but don't knock other companies. That's like saying a porsche is a piece of crap because you drive a GTR......

I am not saying any company is better than another cause I don't have the personal experience, but constant bashing like this is all I see on forums from people that are less educated on the subject than the cat that sits at their feet......

as for going with APR, I have researched and heard nothing but GREAT things about them. So if that is who you want to go with, I am sure you will be greatly amused with the extra punch when you hit the hammer

Old 11-07-2010, 07:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dueces
I love statements like these. You haven't used either of these company's products but say they are a waist of money..... If you want to say your APR is great, that's awesome, but don't knock other companies. That's like saying a porsche is a piece of crap because you drive a GTR......

I am not saying any company is better than another cause I don't have the personal experience, but constant bashing like this is all I see on forums from people that are less educated on the subject than the cat that sits at their feet......

as for going with APR, I have researched and heard nothing but GREAT things about them. So if that is who you want to go with, I am sure you will be greatly amused with the extra punch when you hit the hammer
And yet you come in to chastise while adding no input whatsoever to the topic.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

Except for the entire last part about researching and hearing nothing but great things about APR...... or did you miss that?

I have done my research, maybe you should try that instead of chastising me about chastising him! No one is going to make your mind up for you. I suggested going for APR if it was what you were wanting, theres my input

Old 11-08-2010, 07:27 AM
1st Gear

Except for the entire last part about researching and hearing nothing but great things about APR...... or did you miss that?

I have done my research, maybe you should try that instead of chastising me about chastising him! No one is going to make your mind up for you. I suggested going for APR if it was what you were wanting, theres my input
That was the point of this thread and was functioning properly until you jacked it with you rebuke. As far as your input goes, thanks for nothing. "*Heard* great things about APR" doesn't tell me anything. Do you even have the flash? Can you speak about your direct experience with it?

Old 11-09-2010, 06:56 AM
1st Gear

Then don't ask for suggestions, Dick. No I don't have the flash, I was suggesting what my research has shown me. why don't you go to google and type in each of the company's that makes tunes, and do some research, there is ample info out there on EVERY company.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 PM
1st Gear

Bravo sir. I hear this all the freaking time. Not just with chips, but with everything ever. Hell, people constantly tell me how unreliable and hard to work on Audi's are, yet they've never owned one to know. It's all based on what they've heard. And tbh, they're both false statements. I haven't had any issues with mine and everything I've had to do to the car has been just as hard to do as with any other car...

Second of all, I have the APR chip(programming) in my 2001 A4. I've got the Stock option, 93 Octane, Valet Mode, and 100 Octane tunes all accessible by my cruise control switch. I can say from experience, that I absolutely love it. It completely transforms the car into something else without any add-ons. I did however run into a problem with having too much torque for the stock clutch to handle. But my car has 100,000 miles and a lot of premature clutch wear due to me letting my friends drive the car and the demands I put on that poor clutch myself. So at the moment, I'm using the stock option without slippage until I can get a new clutch.

So in summary, I can't speak for the other chips, but when I researched them I found that the APR was the most convenient (accessible by Cruise Control) and had the most gains. And it was on sale when I got it done so I got a fully loaded ECU for the price of one program. $500 for what would've been $1200 for the fully loaded ECU (multiple programs w/ valet mode, 100, 93, and stock)

DO IT UP!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

Then don't ask for suggestions, Dick. No I don't have the flash, I was suggesting what my research has shown me. why don't you go to google and type in each of the company's that makes tunes, and do some research, there is ample info out there on EVERY company.
Wasn't asking for suggestions. Wanted feedback from people with experience. Your "input" is less informative than an APR brochure. Thanks for all of the "research" you did. Phew, it's a relief that you really know what you're talking about....

Quick Reply: APR stage 1... Feedback?