Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A3
Audi a3 1.6 sportback. Glow plug light and emission control light. >

Audi a3 1.6 sportback. Glow plug light and emission control light.

Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi a3 1.6 sportback. Glow plug light and emission control light.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi a3 1.6 sportback. Glow plug light and emission control light.

Hi. I know there's a few forums around the same thing but can't find any more recent. My 2011 a3 1.6 came up with the glow plug light flashing and immediately slowed down. Took it straight to a garage who said the emissions update needing doing, rang my local Audi but they have said they won't do an update with any warning lights on the dash (and I've heard various things happening to cars after the update). Car was fine for a few days after having the codes wiped and then glow plug light on again for about ten miles and then the emission control light. Again engine slowing down with glow plug light on but running fine if only the emission light is showing. Took it to a second garage who thought it could be the egr valve but were hoping some fuel cleaner would sort the problem. After a few more days of lights coming on and off and restarting my engine on long journeys the glow plug light and emission control light are pernamently on from switching the engine on. I'm sceptical to have the egr valve replaced as the garage didn't seem sure that was the exact problem and have said it will cost approx 800quid to replace. Seems steep. Any help would be much appreciated.

The error codes that came up on the second diagnostics check are:
Engine control - fault
Central electronics system - fault
Exhaust recirculation position sensor signal improbable