Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi Concert Stereo and XM

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:22 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Concert Stereo and XM

ORIGINAL: AManCalledE

ORIGINAL: BAMF

Have you checked the compartment in the back to be sure the tuner is not present? I purchased my A3 without the Sirius option, didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it, and it wasn't listed on the window sticker, but when I went investigating I found it had been installed at the factory. All I had to do was connect the orange harness behind the passenger kick panel and then activate the radio. I realize this is a probably a rare occurrence, but it can't hurt to take 5 mins and check rather than buy one and realize it's already there.
Do you have pictures of what / where you are talking about?
Go here and you'll see the pictures of where the tuner is installed and which kick panel he's referring to.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AManCalledE

ORIGINAL: BAMF

Have you checked the compartment in the back to be sure the tuner is not present? I purchased my A3 without the Sirius option, didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it, and it wasn't listed on the window sticker, but when I went investigating I found it had been installed at the factory. All I had to do was connect the orange harness behind the passenger kick panel and then activate the radio. I realize this is a probably a rare occurrence, but it can't hurt to take 5 mins and check rather than buy one and realize it's already there.
Do you have pictures of what / where you are talking about?
Much appreciated. Danke

Old 05-20-2008, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

Has anyone added the Sat tuner when they already have the OEM iPod installed? I want to figure it out before I spend the money on the sat tuner... thanks!!