Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi defects

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi defects

Apparently they dont care.

We have been waiting for over two months for Audi USA to send a representative to our Dealership (Audi San Diego) to look at defects in the weatherstripping on our Brand new A3. We also have two paint defects.

We have contacted Audi USA through AudiCare, as well as the dealership. So far we have been told by Audi USA that it is not up to them (Audi USA) to send a Audi USA rep; it is up to the dealership to request one. The dealership says that it is up to Audi USA.

So the only conclusion is, either the dealership (Audi San Diego , owned by Koni Motors) or Audi USA do not care if there are manufacturing defects with your new car after you drive off the lot.

Pretty sad considering that their advertising is all about how they have the best quality cars!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 08:52 AM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear about your issues. However, I have one question... Why did you drive it off the lot with these defects present? Didn't your sales rep do a walk around/inspection with you? It is a requirement for them to do so prior to the sale.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:06 PM
1st Gear
Default defects

Originally Posted by 2012TitaniumA3
Sorry to hear about your issues. However, I have one question... Why did you drive it off the lot with these defects present? Didn't your sales rep do a walk around/inspection with you? It is a requirement for them to do so prior to the sale.
When we picked up our car it was evening (November) around 5:30 pm. Very dark. I did notice another defect with a interior door seal that night; the entire seal was sticking out of the door edge. The dealer took care of that this last week (two months later). The new seal has another defect ,so they will have to replace it again.

We took the car directly to a tune shop after the dealer pick up/walk through in November, where we had a complete 3m/venture shield paint protection film put on the car. (no, these guys did not cause the problems. They do this often, and have some very expensive Merc's, Bent's, BMW's, Porshe etc... in the shop) The Guy that did the Paint Protection does this for a living for alot of the high end dealerships in the area (Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche etc...) and has been doing this for awhile. The wrap Tech also found a paint defect in the drivers door. (a protruding piece of debris the size of a pencil led inside the paint)

The dealer also replaced the driver door window edge rubber trim due to a defect (this piece was actually warped at one end). They dealership did say it was the vinyl wrap tech's fault the piece was warped. There is no way, this piece was pointed out to me when I dropped off the car to the shop the day we got the car.

FYI for those that do have some scuffs and scratches; there is absolutely no reason for you to have any on your car unless there was some unusual circumstances involved. We have had 9 new car purchases, and have had those for many years without any scuffs and scratches to the window seals/rubber; Volvo (2), Acura (1), Mazda (1) Ford (3) Toyota(1) Honda (1)
As soon as I figure out how I will post pic's

We have also never had ANY defects/damage warranty repairs/replacements done until now.

We love the A3, but do not like the attitude Audi USA and the dealership have exhibited thus far. This is the reason I am posting this; to get input from others.

Last edited by A3EE!!; 02-18-2012 at 01:09 PM.