Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Battery Light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Default Battery Light flashing

I drive a 2004 A3 sport. The Battery light is flashing when i press the accelerator - this does not happen all the time and as luck has it the dealer has the car today, done 30 miles and it has not happened yet. Has anyone else had a similar problem and found out what caused it, According to the dealer they can do nothing if they cant see it happening. The Radio as well switches off when above happens, though this has only happen about 6 times. Also im new to the Forum and live in Belfast, Ireland

Old 08-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Default RE: Battery Light flashing

sounds like an over voltage problem or a bad ground

Old 08-24-2006, 07:22 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Battery Light flashing

I've got exactly the same problem on my 2004 A3 sport.
Battery light flashes when either stationary or driving.
I've had the garage run diagnostics on the electrics etc at least 2-3 times.
Result: no faults found.

I'd say too that this is some kind of over voltage issue.

Have you installed any additionals to your car e.g. audio equipment etc... anything that would require extra power?

I've installed an aftermarket amp and sub, keeping the original headunit and have put the glitch down to this, the reason being, if the ignition is switched on, to the point of power running through the car, then off again. If any electrics are touched (i.e. the windows) other than the headunit, the sub will start pulsing until either the headunit is switched off, key removed or the engine is started. The reason for the sub pulsing, is lack of power being supplied.

I've never had the headunit switch off though.