Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Best mods for new 2011 A3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Best mods for new 2011 A3?

Hey all!

So I just put in an order yesterday for a new Ibis White 2011 A3 Quattro, fully loaded including titanium package. Now the long wait begins! The dealer is telling me late January early February...

So, naturally, now I'm beginning to scheme about what kind of modifications I should make. I've never really done any modding of a car before, so I could use some pointers.

As of now, here's what I'm thinking:
1. APR Stage I ECU (how long should I wait on that?)
2. Tint windows
3. Smoked tail/side lights (will that look OK with the LED tail lights? Anyone seen this or better yet have any pics?)
4. Toying with the idea of doing something with exhaust to make it purrrrr
5. Anyone have good experience or suggestion for replacing the paddle shifters?

That's pretty much it in terms of my current thinking, but I'm totally open to suggestions. Thoughts??

Old 11-21-2010, 02:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Anyone familiar with:

http://www.lamin-x.com/ProductDetail...oductCode=A224

will these look good over LED tail lights?

http://www.carid.com/2010-audi-a3-wo...tem-43318.html

says it's real carbon fiber and the reviews are good (too good?). much better deal than other carbon fiber trim sets i've seen...

http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/mm5/me...ode=A-A3-8P-in

LED interior lights seem like they'd be really cool--and inexpensive, too

http://www.osirusa.com/mm5/merchant....ry_Code=A38PIA

anyone have better ideas for shifter paddles? do you stick them over the existing ones? how does that turn out. i saw on another forum that someone replaced the existing paddles and he said it was really easy...

any thoughts or cool ideas?

Old 11-24-2010, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by theblatt
Hey all!

...Now the long wait begins! The dealer is telling me late January early February...

Dude, right there with you. I'm waiting until early Jan for my 6-speed lava titanium, I feel like I'm goin nuts! Nothing to do but be patient...

I'd vote the window tint and smoked lights first, personally.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

Hey all!

So I just put in an order yesterday for a new Ibis White 2011 A3 Quattro, fully loaded including titanium package. Now the long wait begins! The dealer is telling me late January early February...

So, naturally, now I'm beginning to scheme about what kind of modifications I should make. I've never really done any modding of a car before, so I could use some pointers.

2. Tint windows
3. Smoked tail/side lights (will that look OK with the LED tail lights? Anyone seen this or better yet have any pics?)

That's pretty much it in terms of my current thinking, but I'm totally open to suggestions. Thoughts??
Your car sounds sweet! I love the Ibis White Audis.

Regarding #4, this is purely personal preference but I always have wanted to avoid any "artificial" sound for my sporty cars. I've had non-oem exhausts on 2 cars and each did a nice of job of "enhancing" the cars engine sound instead of changing it.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 PM
1st Gear

One of the most influential items for performance AND styling are the wheels & tires.
What are you ordering for a wheel/tire package?

Hey all!

2. Tint windows

Old 12-19-2010, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

One thing quattro owners frequently do is get the Haldex performance controller, which will make the front rear balance more neutral, along with a wireless controller, where you can switch between eco, sport and race mode.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear

Go APR stage 2 and add a downpipe. You will wish you got the stage 2 from the get go.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer
Go APR stage 2 and add a downpipe. You will wish you got the stage 2 from the get go.
Is there any other difference than different software mapping from Stage 1 and the downpipe mentioned? Sorry for the noob question, I may be picking up a pre-owned A3 this year and am beginning my research. TIA.