Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Bonehead Newby

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Default Bonehead Newby

I'm almost ashamed to admit my stupidity but...

I attempted installation of a DICE Ipod adapter on my 2007 A3 witht the factory Symphony stereo. I got a set of Audi stereo removal keys and misinserted one and it broke the trigger mechanism inside the slot. Three of four slots work, but the top right won't. I've tried to pull out the stero but it won't come out. I took it to the dealer and they tried to no avail. They said I'd have to remeove the entire center console to remeove the AC and go in behind that. They couldn't even give me an estimate of how long it would take.

Does anyone know a workaround or trick to remove the stuck clip?

Thanks!

Derek

Old 06-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Default RE: Bonehead Newby

[:@] Sucks!

Good luck mate!

Maybe Dave can chime in with words of wisdom???

Cheers!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:40 AM
2nd Gear

wow i think you might be s.o.l.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:56 PM

A buddy of mine helped me out this morning. Pulled the glove box and the cover under the steering wheel and we were able to push out the stereo from behind. Hooked up the adapter, fixed the clips and put everything back together. Took us about 45 minutes and I'm good to go. This will be my first car with a hard wired iPod. It's amazing how slow the car companies are to adapt to this stuff. There's no reason they should be charging $400 + to install an adapter for this, especially given their target demographic!

Old 06-21-2007, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Wild Jamaican

A buddy of mine helped me out this morning. Pulled the glove box and the cover under the steering wheel and we were able to push out the stereo from behind. Hooked up the adapter, fixed the clips and put everything back together. Took us about 45 minutes and I'm good to go. This will be my first car with a hard wired iPod. It's amazing how slow the car companies are to adapt to this stuff. There's no reason they should be charging $400 + to install an adapter for this, especially given their target demographic!
Interesting resolution to your problem. Yes Audi is still selling radios that lack aux input connectors because they still are not convinced about long term vibility of mp3 players/iPods. Heck they can't even sell A3's (USA) with radio/players that support mp3's on CD's still. (not including nav's with SD sockets). So your left with Sirius or going the route of having a iPod adapter installed.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

I'm glad you got it sorted. I couldn't give you any advice because I knew that sort of thing is exactly what I do. Start a job and make 10 more. I just live by a mantra... 'Know your limits Rich...'