Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Boost Gauge Problem HELP! PLEASE

Old 06-17-2008, 06:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Boost Gauge Problem HELP! PLEASE

Ok Guys I know a bunch of you have installed the AWE Vent Boost Gauge.(oh and 1.5hrs HAHA took me almost 3) I think I might have done something wrong but after reading there instructions over and over again I can't think of it.
The Problem: I'm only getting a vaccum reading and not boost. I think it could be were my T junction is placed. If someone could take a picture of were their T junction is I can see if thats the problem. Then again you all may already know. Any and all help is apreciated.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:41 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Boost Gauge Problem HELP! PLEASE

pmed since these forums still wont let me post!!! someone fix them!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 AM
1st Gear

I'll try to take a pic today. I know that the "T" fitting was one of the problem areas of my install as well. I had to cut it down a bit to fit, and then realized that cutting it down meant there was less fitting on each side to fit the hoses over. It still worked fine, but I remember clamping those hoses down pretty tight to make sure they didn't go anwhere. You said you're only reading vacuum - do you notice a performance change since the install? In other words, have you now lost your boost (leak), or is the gauge just not reading correctly?

Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

No problems with performance. Still runs great it just reads the vacuum aspect and not the boost. Think I may have put it on the wrong side of the regulator.?

Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

Oh and thanks all for the help still stumped.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:42 PM
1st Gear

Is there a shop near your that would know what to check for ect..? If your in socal I can give you a great place that fixed mine

Old 06-20-2008, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I know a bunch of great places in SoCal too. But I now live in Montana so its all me.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:10 AM
1st Gear

Ah bummer, hopefully you get this figured out

any way you can take a picture of where you tapped in and stuff?

Old 06-21-2008, 03:15 PM

Check to make sure the fitting on the brake boost line is tight as well. That loosened on mine after I did the install. Recheck all connections because you definitely have a leak somewhere. Happy hunting.

Cheers!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 AM
1st Gear

Checked around and everything has been double checked and still getting that reading. Question is was it the hard line or the soft line that I should have replaced. I believe I have a picture But its on the camera at home so I will post it later and maybe that is my problem. Thanks for the help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boost Gauge Problem HELP! PLEASE