Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Brand New A3

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Brand New A3

Got my A3 on monday of last week. One longish road trip to NYC from beantown and a lot of tooling around town. Opened it up (on-ramp to 93)tonight with 800 miles...not quite 1000 miles but who is counting. 115 with ease...Holy Sh|t.

What a great car. Floats a little when you are going that fast. Only complaint is that the open sky is noisy in thunderstorm downpours

Forum is great. Thanks to you guys will be installing SAT myself this weekend. Will be chipping in the near future to teach my father a lesson; 4 doors plus a hatch does notmeanwagon...he drives 330ci. The arms race begins.

2007 DSG / silver with black leather / open sky / premium cold weather& illumination

Old 08-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Default RE: Brand New A3

Congrat's and enjoy . . . oops, you have already done that! Smoke the geezer

Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

A suspension mod will do wonders for that floating feeling at 115. Enjoy.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:45 AM
1st Gear

Congratulations on the new car! 800 miles already? Not surprising, because the car is such a joy to drive that the miles tack on without you even noticing.

ORIGINAL: Phildo
Thanks to you guys will be installing SAT myself this weekend.
PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS I really need to know from anyone with an '07 how many connections were available to connect their SATs so I can find out if I need to escalate something to my dealer or not.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:35 AM
1st Gear

Congrats,

I to just joined the Audi world. I picked mine up about a month ago. 700 miles for me. Get that thing chiped you will love it more.

Rob

Old 08-09-2007, 10:09 AM
2nd Gear

congrats how bout some pictures??

Old 08-09-2007, 10:23 AM

Congrats.

My dad has a 330ci too. If you get your car at least chipped, then you won't have a problem at all smoking him in a drag.

I hit 150mph prior to suspension mods and I felt the car float to the top of the springs/struts. It was a scary as hell feeling. I have coilovers now and the car sticks much better at high speeds. I don't suggest going that fast though, unless you have a perfectly open road that is very well maintained. (Chef disclaimer)

Cheers!

Old 08-09-2007, 12:36 PM
1st Gear

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Pics of the Audi and the Bimmer together. Deutschland Deutschland uber alles

Old 08-10-2007, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

Guys,

The pictorial will have to wait (old man is in Manilla) and a bird took a big dump on my window yesterday. Like sputnik, my victory was short lived. Hes talking 335i or Cayman. It was good while it lasted.

Regarding Sirius installation in 2007 A3...I found three cables in the trunk: a coax which im assuming was the antenna, and two unique quick disconnects (different plug widths). The coax was color coded and the it would have been impossible to mix the other two cables up. Cables were right were they should have been behind passenger kick plate. Most annoying part of the install was unclipping the kick plate. Only 15 minutes for install and activation then i was reunited with Madison.

The blog pictures show a second coax and also a bypass 'shunt'; i saw neither.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

Did your Sirius unit have two coax inputs, or one?

The XM unit I installed into my A3 had two coax inputs and two of the quick disconnects. I connected the two quick disconnects and the one coax to the color it was assigned to. I then did the kickplate connection and everything works great. The only issue is that I get the "Antennae" message on my screen some of the time, which indicates that a connection is either missing or loose. So I thought maybe there was a missing wire in my car. Glad to know that's not it. Perhaps they updated the XM receivers in the last year and I have an old one (despite it being the exact model number as posted on the guide)?

Glad to know your install went well.

Quick Reply: Brand New A3