Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
BUY it now
19.05%
PASS- Violet is too damn ugly
80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Buy or Pass? Venetian Violet

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Buy or Pass? Venetian Violet

ORIGINAL: hesaputz

Hey, if you like it, buy it. There are only a few around, that color was a $1000 extra new. I think, from watching the internet, that Venetian Violet is a pretty big liability when you want to sell it - right now it appears to be about a $2000 hickey compared to black, gray, white, etc. Some colors simply have a very limited market - takes a while to find the right buyer.But as my car sales buddies say 'there's an *** out there to fit every seat'.
I don't like the color- I am just thinking because of the color I can get a great deal on it. But the warm feeling of getting a great deal will probably fade after looking at that color every morning for awhile.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 PM

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 PM
1st Gear

Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 PM

If I livedsomewhere else, a coolerclimate,I would probably buy it. I don't care what other people think[8D]

Heck, I got Ocean Blue, and have only seen one, maybe two others in the valley (of the Sun). Have saw 3 or 4 of almost every other color. Unique is cool, follow the beat of your own drum[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-18-2007, 12:03 AM

Yeah, think of the guy that came out of the closet first. Somebody has to do it.

Cheers!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

LMFAO!!! He's right, though- that car will bring on the Purple Rain.

Dude - you know you want an A3; don't settle for something that looks kinda like one. The A3 satisfies in ways few cars can match, and looks are a bigpart of it.I have multiple 911's, BMW's, and other trick stuff including 2 125 shifter karts; but I still smile every time I walk outside and see my Ibis white A3 in the drive. It's an elegant and handsome interpretation of the classic hatchback, with the most advanced engine/trans combo out there. That a car so efficient can also be so much fun puts it firmlyat the top of what's currently available. I'm still in love with mine after a year, so much so that I bought a second one in February (Lava S Line MT).
Don't shortchange yourself - if you appreciate the subltleties and quality touches that Audi puts in this car, you won't be happy with less.Get the car, color, and equipment you want.We rant and rave on these boards about what's wrong with the cars, or what Audi needs to give us, but almost everybody here believes that the A3 is something really special. GTI is fine and fun, but A3 is the cream.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:10 AM

Yep!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hesaputz

LMFAO!!! He's right, though- that car will bring on the Purple Rain.

Dude - you know you want an A3; don't settle for something that looks kinda like one. The A3 satisfies in ways few cars can match, and looks are a bigpart of it.I have multiple 911's, BMW's, and other trick stuff including 2 125 shifter karts; but I still smile every time I walk outside and see my Ibis white A3 in the drive. It's an elegant and handsome interpretation of the classic hatchback, with the most advanced engine/trans combo out there. That a car so efficient can also be so much fun puts it firmlyat the top of what's currently available. I'm still in love with mine after a year, so much so that I bought a second one in February (Lava S Line MT).
Don't shortchange yourself - if you appreciate the subltleties and quality touches that Audi puts in this car, you won't be happy with less.Get the car, color, and equipment you want.We rant and rave on these boards about what's wrong with the cars, or what Audi needs to give us, but almost everybody here believes that the A3 is something really special. GTI is fine and fun, but A3 is the cream.
That was well said Hes. Oddly enough, one other option I am considering is a new '07 Ibis White with blk interior DSG, Tech, S-line, Open Sky, Symphony and cold weather. I have not seen one in person but the pictures of it look awesome.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 AM

I'm personally not a big fan of white cars, but that set-up with the Open Sky looks hot! Especially if you tint the windows.

Cheers!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 PM
L7
1st Gear

Hey aoh35;
I sent that picture to a friend of mine and she loves it. Where did you find that car? She likes the price a lot too. She had always thought my A3 was "cute". But to her that purple is it. Plus she is a Ravens fan.

Quick Reply: Buy or Pass? Venetian Violet