Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

buying an a3...price questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
1st Gear
Default buying an a3...price questions

hey everyone...finally buying an a3...and was looking for some guidance on pricing...

getting a fully loaded 2.0 w/ premium package..msrp 36,240

those of you who have bought recently: how close to invoice have you been able to get on your car? according to edmunds etc..their "tmv" price is around 34,900...about $1000 over invoice..is that a fair representation for what i should expect to pay?

any advice/input would be greatly appeciated...

te

Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: buying an a3...price questions

If your a true haggler, you can get below TMV easily. I got $1000 under on mine. If you do the walk out and drive home and have them call you then you can probably save more.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: theevidence187
hey everyone...finally buying an a3...and was looking for some guidance on pricing...
getting a fully loaded 2.0 w/ premium package..msrp 36,240
those of you who have bought recently: how close to invoice have you been able to get on your car? according to edmunds etc..their "tmv" price is around 34,900...about $1000 over invoice..is that a fair representation for what i should expect to pay?
any advice/input would be greatly appeciated...
te
The TMV price is pretty much the same nationwide, it is nothing more then a average deal.
If the car you are looking for is availble locally then you can talk the dealer down considerably usually unless there are very few local audi dealers. If you have to order it then it will more of a challenge to get them to discount, but you can still best the TMV price.
Since you wanted a fully loaded A3 2.0T premium, you shouldn't have much of a problem locating one, as that configuration is common.
In your area start hitting the internet sales dept of local dealers and specify what you want and see what price they quote you. You can also go the free multiple price route via vehix.com, edmunds.com, automotive.com. Some have bought cars through costco or other group membership organizations and got good deals.
Be advised that after you get that great price, get its nailed down via names, paperwork so they don't change the deal later on. I would also inspect the car on the lot before getting involved.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

I would recommend using carsdirect to request a qoute..Internet car sales is extremely easy. I got $1500 under on Jan 1st. That was also due to the cash audi was offering though.

if you are in the bay area, livermore audi is great!

Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Also remember, the last day of the month is the best time to buy a car! On a rare occasion, Audi will offer the dealer a spiff, or kickback, on selling their quota of a car for the month. That is how I got my A3 for $2k+ below factory invoice. I definitely recommend the test drive and walk away theory. Just be honest with yourself on what you'd actually want to pay for the car so you know when to take the deal.

Happy hunting!