Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Can some help clarify warranty pls?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Can some help clarify warranty pls?

I have a few rattles in my 2006 A3 and the dealer just told me that past 6 months old, they cover absolutely no rattles, adjsutments, defects, etc. of this sort. Un F-ing Believable.

I've owned 2 Lexus, an Acura, 2 Infiniti and now this is my first Audi. Freaking GEO fixed rattles and replaced interior pieces on a 2 year old car under warranty (back in 1994 of course). I've never heard of ANY car company not covering a rattling interior during the warranty period.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Can some help clarify warranty pls?

Are you sure this is Audi's official warranty policy and not just the service rep you went to telling you this? I'm really surprized that you were told this. You may want to call another Audi service department and ask.

My A3 has some faint squeeks and rattles that I hear now and then. Let us know what happens.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:47 PM

did you buy it from Audi dealership if yes your covered 100% its an 06 car and covered by manufactures warranty

Old 10-17-2007, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

This all depends on the dealership... some dealerships are super nice and will do practically anything for you, others simply hate you for no reason.

Go to a different dealer.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

I purchased it used from a private party, 2006 with 10k miles on it. So there's 2 years (and 40k miles) remaining. Unfortunately we have only two dealers, one is 30 min away, the other 50 min away. It's not very convenient as it is.

They clarified that squeaks, creaks, rattles, peeling buttons, ***** and switches, anything that is not a clear, definable DEFECTIVE PART is considered an "adjustment". Adjustments are covered ONLY for 6 months. I can pay them to tear the door apart to diagnose the window rattle, and if they just HAPPEN to find a defective part in there, then MAYBE Audi will cover the process. Not likely.

I am beyond angry. 6 months and one day later and the interior falls apart, go fark yourself, read your warranty.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

The dealership servicing my car told only me they ask that you don't bring a car in BEFORE the 5K mile service for noises, as the car is bound to make a few rattles and squeaks with acclimation and/or changes in weather. Understandable...as most little noises that popped up in my car went away quickly and on their own.

They better not tell me what your dealer told you if something loosens up in the future...defects and things coming loose = workmanship.Give em h3ll till they fix it.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

I just read the warranty and this dealer (McDonald Audi in Littleton, CO) is pulling a fast one on every customer they have.

Audi provides, in addition to the standard warranty, 6 months of adjustments to things like tires, wheels, shift linkages, sunroofs, lights, etc. This dealer is hiding behind this EXTRA service saying that they only provide 6 months of adjustments and all rattles and similar complaints are just needed adjustments. BULL $H!T. I will speak with a manager in the morning, and if he doesn't help me, the GM. And then Audi relations. This is insane. The warranty is short, concise, and clear.

The woman I just to at service said that Audi's have a specific 6-month rattle warranty. What a CROCK OF .............

Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Site Moderator

What warranty states is the first year or 12,000 miles squeaks and rattles are covered under warranty so the tech that does the repair can get paid. If you have 40k, your out of luck sorry.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
1st Gear

Well I only have 11k and it's 24 months old.

Anyway, here's the exact warranty:

Items subject to normal wear
Items that are subject to deterioration due to normal wear, driving habits or conditions are only covered for defects in manufacturer's material and workmanship for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first. These items include, but are not limited to, cluth discs and linings, brake discs, brake pads, windshield wiper blades, bulbs, filters, belts, batteries, paint finish, worn upholstery, and other trim and appearance items.

Items subject to adjustment
Items that are subject to adjustment, such as wheel alignment, tire balancing, headlights, door, shift linkage, and sunroof adjustments, not caused by outside influence or normal wear, are covered one time within the first 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever occurs first. A service adjustment is defined as an adjustment that is needed when an item on the vehicle comes from the factory improperly set to specification. Usually no parts are involved when making an adjustment.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

Suffice it to say, I'm not complaining about a replaceable item (mentioned in the 12 month warranty) nor an adjustable item (mentioned in the 6 month warranty), but a rattle is just like any other full-term warranty issue. Something which has, while the warranty is in force, required service and/or parts to correct back to factory specifications. If it's not excluded, it's included.

Why would a rattle not be covered but a blown radio or a faulty computer or a damaged engine be covered? What is the difference?

Quick Reply: Can some help clarify warranty pls?