Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Canadian Car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Default Canadian Car?

About (6) months ago I purchased a 2006 Audi A3 in Los Angles, though very happy with the car I have noticed some issues that make me have me slightly concerned;

1) The engine light (which shows up when you start up the car) is that of the Canadian model not the US according to the manual that came with the car.

2) When taking the car in for a smog test (tried 3 places) in San Diego no facility could read the cars computer system to tie into the state computer. Had to go to a special testing center.

3) When installing the license plate the location of the screw holes on the car did not line up with the hole prep on standard US plates. Had to dill new holes into the plates.

4) The standard screws for installing the license plate did not work when testing alternate screw types from the hardware store only a metric screw would fit.

Car was originally registered and sold in Colorado according to the Carfax report, my concern would be that I bought a foreign car most likely Canadian that had the digital odometer rolled back on it. If anyone has any knowledge or thoughts on the issues above I would appreciate too hear from you.
Thanks-