Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Chef's Rant - UPDATED!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Default Chef's Rant - UPDATED!

Okay,

Let me start this officially.... [sm=rant.gif]

I have my car back home and in the garage.

BUT, when I called the bodyshop this afternoon, they said the car would be done, but they had broken a windshield wiper when they remove the hood and asked if I wanted the car back, then come tomorrow I could bring it in for the wiper, or keep the rental car for another day. Well, you all know that I chose to bring the car home.

The good thing is that the Mercedes C230 that I rented yesterday was free after a little haggering, so I felt good about the day when I showed at the shop. The main guy helping me pulled up the car while I was talking to the secretary finishing the paperwork. The guy left stating that he needed to pick up his kids before 6pm. He was very apologetic and has helped me in the past. When all the paperwork was done, I started loading things in my car. I stopped and decided to take a long hard look at the car before I left. The majority of the damage was on the front and I went over everything and it all looks great. They even reconditioned one of my rims, that had previous damage not from the wreck. I walked to the back end and was appauled at what I saw. They hadn't touched anything at all on the back of the car!!! I was rearended and they didn't do anything with the back! I fell back on the ground and sat there dumbfounded. Then I got PISSED!!! They were totally apologetic and bent over backwards, but that was unacceptable! They were going to call Enterprise again, and I told them NO! I told them to take pictures, look at it, then order the parts first. I don't want them to have my car any longer than necessary.

So, happy and pissed at the same time...it took me a bit to get back into the feel of my car. But, I did go on a nice run through PV and noticed that the steering and everything was spot on. How I missed my car. Now, waiting for more parts to finish get it back to beautiful. I'll post pictures later, after it looks worthy again.[&o]

I hate having these conflicting emotions. It is lessening the euphoria that I should be feeling right now.

WTF is the shop thinking???

[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Cheers!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Default RE: Chef's Rant

That is totally F[:@]ed Up!!!

Think good thoughts, errrrrR, thing good thoughts, ERrrr[8D]

Old 05-04-2007, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

Wow, that's unbelievable and unacceptable. Sorry to hear it... I know it must have been hard being without your car all those weeks.

Bummer.... but hopefully better days ahead... soon!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 AM
1st Gear

[sm=imsorry.gif]Ouch... Good luck my friend!

Old 05-04-2007, 03:06 AM
SoCal Crew Member

that is so Fuqed up!!!!!!!!! did they NOT say anything about not fixing the rear? but good thing you're back on your A3 again, drove all the way down to SD just to see the same rear dent? that's soooo bad.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 AM

Thanks.

Nam, the car was being fixed in Torrance. No driving to SD. I really would have lost it bad had I driven that far too.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 AM
1st Gear

How the fudge do you overlook something like that? Man they need to compensate you in a bad way!

Old 05-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Administrator

its never easy for u is it chef

Old 05-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[:@] at least steering etc. is spot on....

& remember the little scratch u were complaining about on ur rear bumper
at the poker game @ superdougs place? at least thats getting fixed

maybe u should be talking to the manager / owner now???

they tell u to come pick up the car & its done except for the wipers?
but u get there & the rear hasnt been touched yet???

Old 05-04-2007, 04:03 AM
2nd Gear

I think they wanted you to walk out thinking that the rear was fixed... dont know how else they could miss that!

If they are this shady, I would also question the work they do as well. Perhaps you should inspect it further yourself tonight and take it to another body shop just to make sure everything is in order.

Quick Reply: Chef's Rant - UPDATED!