Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Chef's selling his A3?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Default Chef's selling his A3?!?

Okay, I didn't expect it either. My wife is a HUGE muscle car fan and we are seriously looking at the Charger SuperBee. It is a freakin awesome car! It has the SRT-8 engine, but all of the trim too, including forged wheels, Brembo BBK, custom leather seats, etc. I'm just trying to figure out how much more this car is going to cost me in payments, insurance, gas, etc. AND, if I can justify it all because of my lust for speed and the sound of that beautiful V-8.

Now, if I do pull the trigger, I'm not sure if the A3 will be a trade-in or not? I will definitely de-mod the car and sell the DP, RSB, CAI, etc. I might just find a local buyer since the dealer won't give me more than $20k for the car, and it is in pristine condition.

Well, will you all hate me forever if I join the darkside??? LOL

Cheers!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Chef's selling his A3?!?

After all that talk about how the saying "There's no replacement for displacement" is untrue, you go out and get a SRT8.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Yeah, that is very true! BTW, the car has a limited production of 1000 numbered units. That will help to keep the resale up as well. I'm looking at number 317. Hmmmmm.....................

[sm=gears.gif]

Cheers!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:16 PM
1st Gear

Finesse, elegance, efficiency, subtle beauty and class versus the beast. Say no more.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

Say it ain't so Chef! Turn away from the dark side. The Charger sounds pretty sweet but I have a feeling the cost of gas and insurance is going to kill you. Keep us posted.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

In my opinion...

Shelby GT500 > SuperBee

the shelby's the TRUE muscle car

Old 01-26-2008, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear

Come to me anniken, the darkside is not as bad as they say just much faster and stronger.
Can you say 0-60 in waaay under 5 seconds. I just ordered my cai b-woody srt 8 are bad b*tches.
Let me just welcome you now chef, 400 something hp, awd, bbk brembo, 6 ltr , street racing team.

How are the wheels elton?

Old 01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
1st Gear
Default You won't have to spend money on upgrades

If it's anything like the Dodge Magnum Hemi's, Chrysler engineers put together intake and exhaust systems that couldn't be beat by aftermarketers. And the chip hadn't been cracked in 06 so you just drove it appreciated that big v8. Gotta admit I miss it but I sure am having fun the the 2.0T(soon to get special goodies).

Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: stryker

How are the wheels elton?
Good good, waiting for a nice day to take some pics. Question, what was the offset on them?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Default RE: You won't have to spend money on upgrades

I thought about you Stryker, you evil evil man!LOL

I love the Brembo BBK and the forged wheels, very tight!!! The car is fully loaded with everything, including the remote start, mygig system, sunroof, and the leather seats have blue stitching to match the exterior color.

BTW, the Shelby is cool, but it doesn't have seating for three in the back which is a requirement in my household.

I haven't made the deal yet, as I still want to contact the insurance company and have a sleepless night thinking about it.[&:]

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Chef's selling his A3?!?