Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

DVD Headrests For A3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:44 PM
1st Gear
Default DVD Headrests For A3?

I listed this in the electronics section as well. I didn't know if more A3 owners would be able to help me in this section but here goes:

I need help! My five year old is driving me crazy. Does anyone know if any of the commercially available DVD Headrest Units work/fit in the A3? Any input or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: DVD Headrests For A3?

My parents had a cayenne and we went to Al and Ed's autosound asking about this same question. They said they had never done tvs in a cayenne headrest but they did it and it came out great. Id say go and ask Al and Eds or a place like it near you I am SURE they can get one in there.

We did end up regretting getting this done for a few reasons:
[ul][*]The screens were not adjustable so it was harder for smaller children to see the screens on the back of the headrests unless the seat was reclined pretty far back which made it uncomfortable for the driver. So id test it out and make sure it is easily viewable.[*]We didn't end up using it as much as we thought because it is kind of a hassel getting it set up and everything if it isnt a long ride[/ul]I don't know if you've considered this but have you thought of getting a portable DVD player? It worked a lot better for us and therefore your 5 year old has full control over what he/she wants to do

Old 05-18-2008, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

^^Fusion^^
He said it correct. There are alot of portable units that you can hang from the headreast and they are adjustable and a whole lot cheaper. But if you do decide to put in headrest DVD unit the do have them that tilt and are also their own unit as well. it adjust to let you put a DVD in from the top with controls on the side. I had checked in on all this for my sister and my neice.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info !! I took your advice, I originally thought the headrests would leave a less cluttered appearance in the car, but after listening to your comments, I purchased the portable player.

Thanks again.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:57 PM

Yeah, that's probably the cheapest and best route. I've thought about it a lot before since I have 3 young kids. Fortunately, the other ride is a minivan with the full set up and wireless headphones. Definitely worth the money for a long trip with kids. My poor parents with me and my brother...[&:] LOL

Cheers!