Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Dynamic Headlight range control defective

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Dynamic Headlight range control defective

First timer........
Possess a 2011 A3 S - Line.

Have experienced the following, recently with my audi:
1. Just put in my third new battery... leads me to beleive I have an electrical porblem - minor category - that is extinguishing the life of the battery, slowly over time.
2. Dynamic headlight range control warning light came on and the dealer diagnosed as defective need to replace the motor assembly at a cost of over $1000.00. (WOW!!!!!!) Naturally postponed this outlay.
3. Incurred a sluggish starting problem over this last weekend. Had to replace the battery ------------yesterday (3rd battery since purchased the car in 2011 - something ain't right?). The yellow check engine light appeared over the last weekend, further engendering concern and frustration........
After the new battery was installed - then miracle of miracles-------- the Dynamic headlight range control warning light has ceased to appear and the headlamps on the car are working good (like new) - keeping my fingers crossed that this outcome does not go south in the near term.

Befuddled - how did this happen? Any A 3 owners out there with a similar experience, if so---------- weight in and share.
Bottomline: beginning to think by dealer wanted to take me to the cleaners over the dynamic headlight range control motor.

thanks