Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
2003-2005 Lancer Evolution
33.85%
2006 Audi A3 2.0T
66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

EVO or A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: EVO or A3

^ I know what "ricer" is termed to mean on the streets, but that is not an Evo. That term is aimed mainly at the cheap Hondas with body kits, a cherry bomb exhaust,and stickers to make them go faster. I still do not use the term though because I know some people do take offense to it.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: smarsenal

^ I know what "ricer" is termed to mean on the streets, but that is not an Evo. That term is aimed mainly at the cheap Hondas with body kits, a cherry bomb exhaust,and stickers to make them go faster. I still do not use the term though because I know some people do take offense to it.
Agreed, its always best to be tactful! [sm=type.gif]

Old 05-16-2007, 08:44 PM
1st Gear

^+1 Cheers!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear

Evo = Rice, I've driven an Evo and hate it, I like driving my 3/4 ton suburban over the Evo. Why is the evo rice? Have you seen the piece of plastic on the trunk? For the price all you get is Japanese performance, the interior sucks and looks tacky and cheap. For cheaper you can get an A3 almost fully loaded and I dont think and Evo has the option of coming with leather, heated seats, sun roof, etc. and still have decent performance. Sure the A3 is an entry level for Audi but Audi and Mitsubishi are of completely different grades. It would be like comparing Chevy to Cadillac. Audi is much higher grade than Mitsubishi using higher quality materials. Ok so you can argue Jap cars require a lot less maintenance but look at what they're made out off, almost everything on them is plastic except for the chassis and 13 grade steel. All german cars use the 23-25 grade steel (thickest) which is one of the main reasons why they tend to be heavier than other makes. I tend to be really against Jap cars if you haven't noticed all except for Toyota.

Get an A3!

Old 05-16-2007, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

WOW!!!!
Some people are so clueless here it's hilarious!!!!
In all fairness,only one poster have saida chipped A3 is faster.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:01 AM

Yeah, those EVO's are very fast. Hard for the A3 to keep up without some serious mods, like the GT28RS turbo. THEN, we have a run for the money, otherwise, we just have refinement, luxury, comfort, and all the amenities that life has to offer, just slightly slower.

Cheers!

Old 05-17-2007, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Evo = Rice, I've driven an Evo and hate it, I like driving my 3/4 ton suburban over the Evo. Why is the evo rice? Have you seen the piece of plastic on the trunk? For the price all you get is Japanese performance, the interior sucks and looks tacky and cheap. For cheaper you can get an A3 almost fully loaded and I dont think and Evo has the option of coming with leather, heated seats, sun roof, etc. and still have decent performance. Sure the A3 is an entry level for Audi but Audi and Mitsubishi are of completely different grades. It would be like comparing Chevy to Cadillac. Audi is much higher grade than Mitsubishi using higher quality materials. Ok so you can argue Jap cars require a lot less maintenance but look at what they're made out off, almost everything on them is plastic except for the chassis and 13 grade steel. All german cars use the 23-25 grade steel (thickest) which is one of the main reasons why they tend to be heavier than other makes. I tend to be really against Jap cars if you haven't noticed all except for Toyota.

Get an A3!
I'm sorry but are you serious? Rice is when something that is added on to a car that is not functional and distasteful. The evo is nowhere near rice. You should not call it rice, you can say its whack for all I care. Civic with a huge *** wing thats rice. The word rice is so misuse such as the word JDM. Cheers all

Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear

Rice is a grain. I eat it.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:48 PM
2nd Gear

Rice really refers to any model from Japan. Japan is known for rice hence why the nickname rice came about for cars. A lot of people use it to bash the makes of cars, but it just refers to where its from in a sense. In the end, I will always call an Evo rice because its from Japan.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:38 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

"...Sure the A3 is an entry level for Audi but Audi and Mitsubishi are of completely different grades..."
True, yet at the same time I wouldn't call an Audi A3 3.2 S line with all the options an "entry-level" car as compared to a stripper A4 with nothing in it. Audi has done a good job in making nice appointments possible across their whole vehicle line in a variety of sizes.