Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
2003-2005 Lancer Evolution
33.85%
2006 Audi A3 2.0T
66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

EVO or A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:06 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: EVO or A3

ORIGINAL: Blue Jays

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

"...Sure the A3 is an entry level for Audi but Audi and Mitsubishi are of completely different grades..."
True, yet at the same time I wouldn't call an Audi A3 3.2 S line with all the options an "entry-level" car as compared to a stripper A4 with nothing in it. Audi has done a good job in making nice appointments possible across their whole vehicle line in a variety of sizes.
Very true, an entry level audi would be any model bone bare without any options. Audis are technically luxury cars (and luxury performance), Evos are far from luxury.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:38 AM
1st Gear

No doubt that Evos are FAR from luxurious. I don't think anyone ever claimed that. Anytime you want better performace, something has to be sacrificed.(ie.. luxury items) (unless you are buying a Bugatti or Ferrari).Have you ever seen a Lotus Exige S? The same can be said there. High performance track suspensions are great for performance, but not the most comfortable to drive for daily use. In order to keep the price of the Evo to a reasonable level, Mitsubishi decided to skimp on the interior (with the exception of a set of Recaros that grab you like no tomorrow).. When you buy an Evo, you get a Brembo Big Brakes kit, Bilstein inverted struts with mildly stiff springs, a 286hp/290 lb ft tq (stock) AWD road going rally car that will run 0-60mph in under 5 secs.(stock!!) The real beauty of the Evo is that if you are going after performance, gains are easily achieved. The list of mods are endless. I bought it as a dedicated track car, but I have realized that it is a very fun car to drive on the regular roads too. I thnk WRX112's biggest dilemma is not deciding which car to get, but whichTYPE of car to get.
Performance-wise, Evo is biggest bang for the buck!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...vs+lamborghini
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...gear&hl=en

The issue that is coming up here is that the comparison between the Evo and the A3 is silly. They are totally different cars.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: smarsenal
No doubt that Evos are FAR from luxurious. I don't think anyone ever claimed that. Anytime you want better performace, something has to be sacrificed.(ie.. luxury items) (unless you are buying a Bugatti or Ferrari).
The issue that is coming up here is that the comparison between the Evo and the A3 is silly. They are totally different cars.
Sometimes you find a car that is a nice compromise between performance and luxury. The A3 with options is very attractive in that regard. Slightly more expensive but never less very attractive also is the new 2008 TT line. Sitting and driving either a A3 or TT is just plain enjoyable IMHO. We all recognize that the EVO is geared for a different market and if you want a real speed demon with little luxury features then you can't beat a EVO for money spent. Anyone who thinks their A3 is faster then a EVO is slighty out of touch with reality. [sm=type.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
1st Gear

^ ++1 Absolutely dead on post!!!!
I love my A3 and I love my Evo, but for different reasons!!

Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: odroggy

A3 ofcourse
REVO chip $500
Eibach springs $250
=
Above 120 mph beats EVO
In the curves pushes EVO out!!!
Proven fact
And looks much better and sexyer
By the way STI is not even comparison to the chiped A3
Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard....

Evo kills A3 and majority of the Audi line up in performance... Thats just how the game goes

Really man it depends what matters more to you, can you sacrifice 0-60 in 5 seconds? Or is that something you got to have... if its something you must have than an Evo is for you, if not go for the A3, with a chip and some side mods it offers a quick ride thats refined and comfortable.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:46 PM
4th Gear

Evo's are beastly, I've been in Jeffs and it was a trip.

At the treck he passed 599 ferraris, 911 porsches and all sorts of stuff... his is modded of course. But damn Evos are amazing!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Whats the potential of the A3 withbasic mods lets say chip, up/down/exhaust, boost control. Whats the max hp/tqI can get from that stock turbo? Also can someonefind me pixof a replaced stocks seats to something morebucket? Thanx all cheers.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:53 AM

0-60 in mid to upper 5's, 260+hp, 300ish tq. It is a blast to drive with those mods though!

Cheers!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: wrx112

Whats the potential of the A3 withbasic mods lets say chip, up/down/exhaust, boost control. Whats the max hp/tqI can get from that stock turbo? Also can someonefind me pixof a replaced stocks seats to something morebucket? Thanx all cheers.
Make a post on Audiworld A3 forum. IIRC, his nameis Damon, he also has a nice set of Brembo BBK on.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 AM

yeah men it was me
by the way come meet as in tysons of route 7 by chillis and out of border in the parking lot at 8pm every wendsday on the 5th floor its directly behind tiffany building (marry lynch) best buy is next to it