Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

First A3 to be pulled over in Irvine

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 05:09 AM
2nd Gear
Default First A3 to be pulled over in Irvine

Don't know if this is really true but I'll take the title.

Anyways, the rain stopped and I had to take the car out for its nightly drive. Kinda like taking the dog out for its daily walk but for some reason I take the car out more often than my dog.

I went up Jamboree again between Fire Authority and Patriot (a good 1+ mile stretch) for a fewspeedy runs. I like thisstretch because any cop thats coming in the oncoming lane has to pull a U turn about1/2 mile awayand by that time you'll be long gone. Anyways, afterfinishing up I'm coming down Jamboree towardPortola and need to make a left. Luckily by the time I needed to slow down the SUV sitting in the outer left turn lane switched the light for me. So I decide to go in easy up to the apex andgo 100% throttlefor some post apex fun.Well, everything goesas planned beautifully. Good turn in, sticky up to theapex, and then 100% throttle and a nice controlled driftmissing the curbby 1-2 feet. SCORE!!!

Sadly NO. I dont know if my peripherals saw the cop or it was the gut feeling but when I looked back I could see the Dodge Charger starting to make theright turn onto Portola as well. So I immediatly think he has no time to turn the radar and then yank the e-brake to slow down. The cop tailed me the next 40 seconds which made me nervous. Irvine cops are usually strict as Turbo_i3uddah can attest. Whenever they pull somone over they usually call in 1-2 extra squad cars to show off to passerbys that "this guy is getting ****Ed."

As the lights flashed followed by me pulling over I soon recalled a video I watched on youtube about how to get out of tickets. I decided I would not admit my speed, have the cop explain what I did wrong while looking shocked, have all paperwork ready, not submit to a vehicle search (because of mods... no 420 in the audi). Of course, this plan will go well as long as I dont screw up. Sadly the last few times I got pulled over I gave into authority and basically accepted rape with open arms. But for some reason today was my day. The cop came over and asked "Do you know how fast you were going" Me: "No, I think I was at the speed limit" Cop:"You lost control of your car and almost ran into the tree" Me: "Yea, I dont know what happened, I was ok up to the middle of the turn but I somehow hit some gravel and lost control." Cop: "You meant to do it... I saw your car flick back" Me: "Thats when the traction control kicked in" (I actually had it off [:-].

After that he stared me down for a few seconds and asked for my license and reg and walked to his car. It looked like traffic school for me but I was willing to accept it. Luckily it wasn't so. After 5 mins he came back and said "how old are you?" ... 24 ... "Do you want to see 25" ... Yes sir, I do ... "Then take iteasy or you'll wrap yourself around a tree" ... understand sir, it wont happen again."Have a goodnight"

Whew!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: First A3 to be pulled over in Irvine

Good deal man. Do they have those ticket lawyers out there - $75 no points, no school?

Did you play it safe going home?

Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 PM

You are a very lucky man!

BTW, I got pulled over in Torrance about 6-7 weeks ago. I was just driving "normally" and talking with my mom on the phone, yes I was using my hands-free device. I had taken a turn and cruising down the road when I noticed a motorcycle cop in my rearview mirror coming up fast. I checked my speed and I was about right on with the limit. I said goodbye to mom and rolled down the windows for my motorcycle buddy. He asked if I knew the speed limit of the road I had been on previously. I said that I wasn't sure but I thought 40 mph? He said that I was correct, then he asked how fast I was going. I said, about 40 mph? He said 67 mph! [:@] He also said the I had illegal tinting on my front windows.[:@][:@] It took me a long time searching trying to find my proof of insurance and he became frustrated and just took my license and registration. About 45 seconds later he comes back, hands me my papers and tells me to slow down and be careful. He jumps on the bike and speeds away. Whew!!! Saved by some other poor sucker more stupid then me.

Just my luck to be pulled over when I'm trying to drive "normally".[8D]

Cheers!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like cops are hardcore about the tiniting out there. I know it's illegal down here, but every car I've owned has had illegal tint and I never had any issues, even when pulled over.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

Irvine eh. I got pulled over twice on the 55S about to go into the 5S both at around 1:45 am. On the first, I was given only a warning, and as always, I didnt learn my lesson. 4 weeks later, I got pulled over for same reason, speeding/ rushing to work, but by another cop, and this time he showed no mercy. I was going 105, but he wrote me at 89.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: audi28XWJ

and this time he showed no mercy. I was going 105, but he wrote me at 89.
That was some mercy right there. 105mph to 89mph means you get to take traffic school and not suffer the pains of the ticket.

Count your blessings.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:04 AM

Great!!! Mine was photo radar, no break there . . . traffic school, snoozeville[:@]

Old 02-27-2007, 05:46 AM

Why are you guys so lucky???

I've already seen 3 tickets all in Irvine. Not from speeding but 2 from front tints and one for the euro plate on the front.

All this within the last year. It's a b**** to have to get the tints removed, have the ticket signed off, and then get them retinted again.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear

Get a Doctors note for the tint. I had my aunt do that for my last car just in case I got pulled over. I haven't dont it to the A3 yet as I have some decent shades.