Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Gas Light

Old 05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Default Gas Light

Hello Everyone, I just purchased a 06' A3 2.0T From my local dealer. The manual was not in the car and they have ordered me a new one but my question is in regards to the gas light. The light comes on at the midway point of the last quarter part of the tank; How many gals are left when the light comes on? I'm just trying to get an idea of how far I can go before I fill up. Before on my GTI it was simple. The light came on when it hit the red at 'E' and I had about 1.4 gals left which meant I better not push more than 27 miles. It's just with the Audi it seems like I'm getting worse milage because I don't get to the most per tank.

Oh and I did search this topic before I posted. If you do happen to find it and would point me in the right direction I would not mind. This is my first post ever.
Thank you

Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Default RE: Gas Light

Welcome! If I fill up when the light goes on then it takes almost exactly 13 gallons to fill it up, so you probably have about 1.5 gallons remaining. There's only one true way to find out, so take one for the team and let us know how many gallons it takes to fill up your car when it runs out of gas. LOL j/k

Cheers!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Gas Light

Hah... or instead of TOFTT you can just look at your trip computer and see how many miles are left on your current tank