Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Help badly needed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Default Help badly needed!

Hi to all,
I had a brand new A3 which just run for 530 km in 5 months time. I kept it in my garage and run the engine once in a while. I seldom use the car. Last Dec. 9, 2007, the car failed to start. I called the Philippine Audi dealer for awarranty but I was disgusted because I was told that they can't honor a warranty for the fuel pump because I seldom use the car and it's what's causing the fault. What a silly alibi. I called a mechanic and had the car checked. He checked the fault and found that the fuel pump seized and doesn't run anymore. There was no pressure coming out from the pump. I watched it. Convinced that it was the pump which was wrong, I replaced it with a new one only to find out that it still doesn't start. Can anybody help me troubleshoot the common cause for the trouble. I need your help because I'm 400 km. from the Audi dealer in Manila. I will appreciate your help in troubleshooting my A3.
Thanks in advance.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Default RE: Help badly needed!

That's bullshit!!!

I'd be calling Audi corporate every 2 hours barking up the line until I got somebody to take care of the problem. Also, I'd be on the phone to the GM at the Audi dealership bitching at him too! The warranty covers your car upto a certain time and mileage, if you are under that, then it doesn't matter how often you drive your car.

that's my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:13 AM

put the old ? pump back on ( if you can call it old lol ) and tell them to sort it ( its a bloody new car ) and not using it often means jack **** on that car unless it was 20 years old,
the pump is covered by the warranty

Old 02-14-2008, 01:38 AM
1st Gear

Hi,

I'm from Manila too. The way the dealer treated you is downright shitty. Was that PGA Cars or Autoprominence? In any case, they offer a 2 year UNLIMITED warranty so they are responsible for replacing your fuel pump.

I'm curious, was your car the 2.0TDI A3 or the gas engined one? Hearing about all the problems with Denso CRDi systems on Toyotas makes me wonder if our dirty diesel fuel was responsible. However, its still not your problem, its Audis.

Also, did you check the fuel filter along with the fuel pump?

I got a 98 a4 1.8t m/t. I also bring in OEM parts from Singapore. If ever you need parts in the future, PM me.

Kevin