Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Im at 10K and so far.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Im at 10K and so far.....

I have reached 10,000 miles on my 07' A3 and so far not to many complaints. Well, maybe just a couple.

1. I have encountered the issue of my open-sky rattling when I go over bumpy roads, it's happening more often now and getting very annoying. I didnt hear it as much at first because, maybe because my music is always playing loud. Has anyone brought it back to the dealer regarding this open-sky rattling noise?

2. I am always careful, making sure there is never change stuck in my leather seats or anything that would puncture or rip a hole on the leather BUT.....I noticed several lines, on the left portion my driver's side seat, lines meaning.....rips, little tears. I have no idea how that happened, but its definetly on my mind alot.

3. After being very gentle when backing out of steep high/low driveways, so that my front end bottom doesnt scrape, it finally happened. Yesterday in the rain, I encounted a steepy inclined driveway. I was backing out and thats when I heard the scrape. At first I was hoping it was just a big puddle, but nope. I checked it out in my garage, I bent down to inspect underneath the front end and yep......a couple of scrapes, mostly white lines and some un-smooth surface. Its not visible AT ALL, since its underneath, and you have to bend down to see, but again, still on my mind and didnt sleep very well thinking about it last night.

All in all, the car is incredible performance wise, maybe even better now with 10K miles then when it was when I drove it out of the lot back January. But, if anyone knows how to fix the above issue's, that would be helpful. I am very nitty picky about keeping my A3 in tip top shape, I get freaked out just when a bird poops on my car, and now I have to deal with the scrapes on the bottom front end , the leather tears on my seat, and the rattling of the open-sky.

Any positive feedback and ways to fix these issue would be helpful and much appreciated.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Default RE: Im at 10K and so far.....

sun roof probably not set right so probably slightly open get it checked out, leather seat well what did you expect? low rider issues just dont go up steep inclines

Old 06-29-2007, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: dcny7777
2. I am always careful, making sure there is never change stuck in my leather seats or anything that would puncture or rip a hole on the leather BUT.....I noticed several lines, on the left portion my driver's side seat, lines meaning.....rips, little tears. I have no idea how that happened, but its definetly on my mind alot.
Stretch marks? Your car is pregnant buddy!!! j/k - lol - sorry, did you try a leather treatment? My dealer gave me a long story on the Audi leather and how it would survive a nuclear attack along with cockroaches – well, not his words exactly but pretty close. If you do not feel this is normal wear and tear, you can always ask the dealer but it does not sound too abnormal.

3. After being very gentle when backing out of steep high/low driveways, so that my front end bottom doesnt scrape, it finally happened. Yesterday in the rain, I encounted a steepy inclined driveway. I was backing out and thats when I heard the scrape. At first I was hoping it was just a big puddle, but nope. I checked it out in my garage, I bent down to inspect underneath the front end and yep......a couple of scrapes, mostly white lines and some un-smooth surface. Its not visible AT ALL, since its underneath, and you have to bend down to see, but again, still on my mind and didnt sleep very well thinking about it last night.
Damn, I scrapped underneath my previous MR2 – parking bump was higher than I thought [:@]– and it was the only thing on my mind. I just had to wait a few months for a huge pickup truck to push me off the road and crash in a ditch. I then had to replace the front bumper and pay the deductible… So unless you want to wait for the same thing, take it like a man and forget it! Don’t make me head butt you…
BTW, this is why they invented the reverse....

Old 06-29-2007, 10:04 AM

You just now scrapped under the front of the car??? That's good getting 10k miles before your first encounter. Really.

Cheers!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the somewhat positive feed back all!

I feel better now actually, especially about the scrapes underneath my front end! I get in front of my car everyday, from close distance, from far distance, and I cant see the scrapes, so I definetly am happy about that. Unless I bend down and actually look, thats a different story, haha.

About the leather, I will definetly be asking the dealer about the wear and tear of the leather and if this is usual.

The rattling of the open sky, I drove with it open into work today, I dont hear it when its open, so I will keep an ear open more, but I have to have the dealer look at it.

enjoy yor weekend all!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

The leather seat tear is a common problem. Take it to the dealer before your warranty expires. Do some searches and you will see how common that problem is. The fix is Audi replaces the bottom cover portion of the seat. Don't let them BS you about normal wear and tear...there are too many documented cases.

There is a technical service bulletin for the Open Sky rattles. Back to the dealer again or at the same time.

Like Chef said, 10K and first scrape. Way to go!

Old 06-29-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: at1ce

The leather seat tear is a common problem. Take it to the dealer before your warranty expires. Do some searches and you will see how common that problem is. The fix is Audi replaces the bottom cover portion of the seat. Don't let them BS you about normal wear and tear...there are too many documented cases.

There is a technical service bulletin for the Open Sky rattles. Back to the dealer again or at the same time.

Like Chef said, 10K and first scrape. Way to go!
Correct. I've had the issue happen shortly after 8000 kms, and took it to the dealer. I was all pumped up, ready to grab the devil by the horns... Imagine my disappointment when they looked at it and said "OK, that's not a problem, we'll order the seat cover and get it replaced right away."

I'm at 28000 kms and still not scraped (of course, now I jinxed it, so I'll probably manage to do it as I leave work today).

Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

sucks about your leather but that's all you, i'm 10k in as well and mine are just about brand new looking.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

I am bringing it in for an early service, inching up to 11,000 mile mark.

I will be mentioning the "tear marks, rips" on my driver side leather seat. And also the slight rattling of the open sky. I already spoke to the service person over the phone, and he said the leather tear would have to be inspected by a manager, and based on how it looks they will bring it up to another level, and see if it can be covered under warranty to fix or replace.

I also brought up the open sky rattling issue and they will inspect that also. We'll see what happens!

Old 07-06-2007, 11:21 AM

just dont go in wearing jeans ( the most common cause for rips in the seat ) ware a suit and they night offer you a job